House Price Crash Forum

Football And Racism

HOLA441

As an observation of the mass media I would just like to point out a simple view I have on tonights game and the Footballers Against Racism speach Beckham and Figo made. aka FAG's :D

It seems that we all agree racism is driven by nationalism and the speach was made after the uber-patriotic National Anthems.

Is it just me?

The two concepts sit amazingy apart. Nationalism breeds racism, ask anyone about the them and us concept in linguistics.

:ph34r:

HOLA442

WAG's and FAG's sounds about right

who wants to lift a cup anyway that is only fit for cheats.

completely lost faith in the game. corporate ticket scandal. diving greasy diegos (now thats racist). who wants to win a cup thats not played fair ? its pointless. walk away from it and let them rot in their own dirt.

FIFA - Football Is For Arseholes :lol::lol:

HOLA443
HOLA444

It seems that we all agree racism is driven by nationalism

No, we don't, tho neither are pretty.

Is it just me?

No, there are plenty of people who conflate the concepts.

And niether has anything to do with patriotism.

If you want "Irony" in football, just work out the ratio of ostensibly religious players who cheat and foul to those who don't make overt religious gestures on th epitch.

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Is it just me?

The two concepts sit amazingy apart. Nationalism breeds racism, ask anyone about the them and us concept in linguistics.

Yeah I noticed that to. I hear so much about other races and cultures etc. from the pro-immigration, so-called anti-racism crowd that I think if they were more comfortable with people from other countries they wouldn't keep on going on about it and making so much effort towards them. It strikes me as being a type of inverted racism born from fear of what other people think about them. Currently it borders on mania. They're also the ones who keep on going on about what it means to be British etc. You can tell they are confused.

HOLA448

Imagine if every time you went abroad for a holiday you ended up in a place full of Chippies, English "pubs" run by alcoholic ex-pats, mock Tudour houses, refurbished London double deckers buses etc?

I love diversity of cultures because it makes travel interesting and a change from back home.

If all that diversity is forced on us back here by TB's vision of a NuBritain then going abroad for a holiday will no longer be such a unique experience.

<_<

HOLA449

A racist wouldn't care who played for the team as long as he was of their preferred race.

A nationalist would only want members of the nation to be represented in the National team.

A nationalist is more selective than a racist IMHO.

Some national nnthems are more racist than others the Eire one is a cracker...

We're children of a fighting race,

That never yet has known disgrace

Out yonder waits the Saxon foe

the French...

Let impure blood

Water our fields

even the English...

rebellious Scots to crush

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

The English team should be English people not just players who got a fast track visa because they can play football

Mike Tyson was allowed into the UK after a serious sex offence where normal people would not be allowed to enter the UK with such offences on record so it’s one rule for them and one for everybody else.

This is why we have so many grey areas in the law and most MP’s are lawyers or connected to the legal profession. Time us ordinary fold kicked the scum out and put the great back into great Britain

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Well I'm not an expert but I do know that the French football scouts travel widely through north/west/central Africa to find their new players. (They even go further afield to former french colonies or overseas french departments). They then come to France between the ages of 12-18 and get schooled in football by the very good French youth football programme. When they've moved up to playing in the French leagues quite a few end up playing for France as their adopted team...

In the last few years representing France they've had...

Viera from Senegal. Gary Neville had a go at him as he had appeared in the press going on about how his country was so great (he was talking about Senegal) and how he loved going back there and wanted to be seen as an overseas ambassador for his country. Gary Neville simply stated that if he loved his country so much how come he ended up playing for France.

Boumsong from Cameroon.

Makelele from DR Congo.

Chimbonda from Guadeloupe.

Malouda from Cayenne (I believe this is Cayenne in French Guiana in South America)

Of former players the ones I remember are Karembeu (I believe from New Caledonia in the South Pacific) and Laurent Robert who I think was from Reunion in the Indian Ocean.

Thats why people think of France as more of a Francophone side rather than a National team.

They're are lots more that I can't remember offhand, they seem to do a lot of poaching from smaller countries. England (with Hargreaves from Canada, Barnes from Jamaica etc) do it to a much lesser extent as do Germany (Neuville from Switzerland, Klose and Podolski from Poland).

HOLA4414

they all 'appear' French to me, what are you trying to say?

My childeren look like me, these players do not look like me as they are imports and did not grow up in france or the UK and should not be on the team but playing for the country were they came from like schools kids play for the school they attend

Do you not agree !

HOLA4415

France is the biggest joke, there doesn't appear to be a single Frenchman on the team, what an embarrassment :lol:

?

Every single player is French.

Chimbonda from Guadeloupe.

Malouda from Cayenne (I believe this is Cayenne in French Guiana in South America)

Of former players the ones I remember are Karembeu (I believe from New Caledonia in the South Pacific) and Laurent Robert who I think was from Reunion in the Indian Ocean.

all the places you mention are France. the people who live there are just as French as a Parisian. they vote in French election, are ruled by French law and are part of teh european union. They choose to become part of France rather than become independent. Like the Falklands only much more so.

HOLA4416

?

Every single player is French.

all the places you mention are France. the people who live there are just as French as a Parisian. they vote in French election, are ruled by French law and are part of teh european union. They choose to become part of France rather than become independent. Like the Falklands only much more so.

Overseas departments and territories. Legally "French" but not "French" as we would understand it... hangovers from France's colonial period.

Incidently when did a Falklander last play for England? I guess they could if they had an English grandparent or resided here long enough?

Oue ex-colonies have their own Teams AFAIK.

Just thought I'd add that France really should play several teams, Brittainy, Basque Country, Langue 'doc etc but they have a very centerist tendancy.

Edited by Solvent Celt

HOLA4417

Overseas departments and territories. Legally "French" but not "French" as we would understand it... hangovers from France's colonial period.

Incidently when did a Falklander last play for England? I guess they could if they had an English grandparent or resided here long enough?

Oue ex-colonies have their own Teams AFAIK.

Just thought I'd add that France really should play several teams, Brittainy, Basque Country, Langue 'doc etc but they have a very centerist tendancy.

Forgive me but what exactly are you saying?

As an observation of the mass media I would just like to point out a simple view I have on tonights game and the Footballers Against Racism speach Beckham and Figo made. aka FAG's :D

It seems that we all agree racism is driven by nationalism and the speach was made after the uber-patriotic National Anthems.

Is it just me?

Can I just clarify.. which national anthem were you referring to?

HOLA4418

Forgive me but what exactly are you saying?

Our ex-colonies have their own Teams AFAIK.

Which of the above are you having trouble with???

HOLA4419

My childeren look like me, these players do not look like me as they are imports and did not grow up in france or the UK and should not be on the team but playing for the country were they came from like schools kids play for the school they attend

Do you not agree !

so what do you look like? are you French?

is that a royal "we" ? - I have no problem understanding it. They are culturally very French.

how exactly do you do you understand French? an ethnicity? a geographical limitation on the map?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

what nationality are falklanders?

What on earth has this discussion got to do with house prices. It should be in the Off Topic Forum.

N'est ce pas?

je suis totalement d'accord mon ami

- but it seems that some people come onto this forum with a different agenda

HOLA4422

Which of the above are you having trouble with???

you would also endorse England's team being split then? Into Yorkshire, Cornwall, tractorlovers, Wessex etc etc?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Imagine if every time you went abroad for a holiday you ended up in a place full of Chippies, English "pubs" run by alcoholic ex-pats, mock Tudour houses, refurbished London double deckers buses etc?

Yeah, or McDonald's or KFCs or Burger Kings or Starbucks or CocaCola ;)