House Price Crash Forum
purplemonkey

Get Rich Quick! Work From Home! Etc...

You see them all over the internet, earn £70000 in your 1st month! work from home! money back guarantee! They have pictures of Ferraris and scantly clad curvey goddesses everywhere. And they promise to tell you their secret for only £29.99 'usually £120.99!'. And not only that! but they will chuck in loads of free gifts, usually ebooks of one type or another.

Now want I want to know is, has anyone, either you or someone you know actually paid money to find out this secret? What I'm trying to find out is, is the advice simply set up a website like this and watch the money roll in? cause it is isn't it! I mean really, do people actually pay them money?

Saying that, please don't be shy, if you've sent them your money, I'd like to hear from you. I once bought an ebook myself, it cost 1.99 on ebay, and it explained how to get free stuff from companies that you can use or sell on ebay. I can see the logic behind it, but you'd have to be some sort of super-salesman too actually get any free stuff, which begs the question, does this work, or did someone make up this entire ebook to get my money??

Guest Shedfish

yeh, i reckon any site with screaming Times New Roman font size 36 copy just looks tacky too. and a mile long page making the same point. i'd be twitchy about handing over my email address, let alone any money.

but one idea won't go away - the ebay thing

don't mock... specifically

i know mostly you have to ramp it over time, but something like the (possibly apocryphal) story about the bloke who bought a gazillion bankrupcy stock BATHPLUGS, and took advantage of the shortage of them in eastern bloc countries, ebayed the lot, made a mint

i don't really care if it's true or not, but the principle works:

lightweight for postage / unbreakable / cheap as chips / niche / support free. it's a bathplug

something like that...

Guest Shedfish

But imagine how much ebay are making. Now there's a real idea. No need to aim low, everyone has it in them. (We just never see it, because of the cruel, repressive, slave camp the world generally is.)

i wish. i do web-designy things day in day out, and someone mentions database integration i lose hair (in real time). i'm over bored with web design now, but it pays better than Royal Mail :D

but yes, something that big would be ideal.. if only i had the time. in the meantime something like the bathplug thing would give a nice incremental, with no maintenance, which might give me time for something more ambitious. something as big as ebay, a 'facilitator', in the post- dotcom boom would be hard. the big speculative money's long gone, along with the sentiment, and the few young bucks that lasted are the establishment. look how long it took Amazon, when the pixie dust turned out to be dandruff and polystyrene packing

got to find something though. working for myself has given me a taste of possibilities after years of pointless toil 'for the man', and disgraceful hedonism i could barely afford. noticed your 'international tramp' moniker, which is exactly what i'd be working towards. i don't buy the 'west world', but i need to get some money and a base, so i can revert to type, travel, learn, and write. and i'd like to be able to afford my some-time unaffordable girlfriend too.

financially i'm starting late. i want to be in a position to ride the next wave, in some small way. not brave or astute enough to short stocks. also i'm uncomfortable with investments that profit from 19th century foreign policy. a month on here makes me realise just how DUMB i am financially - not that i ever aspired to that.. ironic that someone who is basically a sunday afternoon buddhist with a taste for hedonism needs to study economics to survive. an unwholly triange

productivity has gone down the tubes since i've been on here

thanks for the therapy session - the post's in the czech :)

Edited by Shedfish

You can learn how to trade online from home.

But there is a steep learning curve, and it will take years. A £30 book is not going to get you there

I trade online. I signed-up with a spread-betting company and spent over a year using a virtual money account until I was sure I could make a profit. I then paid in a small amounf of money and now have about 12 times what I originally had. Surprisingly, I'd say that a £30 book will get you there, but only if you make sure you learn the right lessons from it. I've had e-mails inviting me to £5000 seminars promising to show me the holy grail but I have to ask myself, l if there were such a thing as the holy grail of trading, why would someone who knew about it be running seminars for £5000 when they could be making millions trading? Because they can't make their 'holy grail' work for them, that's why. If I continue to grow my trading for the next three years or so I should be able to quit my job. In the meantime I just have to continute to observe three basic but massively important rules... 1: Stick to my system, 2: Manage my money, 3: HAVE DISCIPLINE!

There's no such thing as 'get rich quick', only schemes that get the person selling them rich. Pick something you love and then work out of your skin to make it work for you. That's the only way to get rich.

I trade online. I signed-up with a spread-betting company and spent over a year using a virtual money account until I was sure I could make a profit. I then paid in a small amounf of money and now have about 12 times what I originally had. Surprisingly, I'd say that a £30 book will get you there, but only if you make sure you learn the right lessons from it. I've had e-mails inviting me to £5000 seminars promising to show me the holy grail but I have to ask myself, l if there were such a thing as the holy grail of trading, why would someone who knew about it be running seminars for £5000 when they could be making millions trading? Because they can't make their 'holy grail' work for them, that's why. If I continue to grow my trading for the next three years or so I should be able to quit my job. In the meantime I just have to continute to observe three basic but massively important rules... 1: Stick to my system, 2: Manage my money, 3: HAVE DISCIPLINE!

There's no such thing as 'get rich quick', only schemes that get the person selling them rich. Pick something you love and then work out of your skin to make it work for you. That's the only way to get rich.

I see. And what book was it that you used? Or one that you'd recommend? I'd love to hear about your system.....

Pete

You see them all over the internet, earn £70000 in your 1st month! work from home! money back guarantee! They have pictures of Ferraris and scantly clad curvey goddesses everywhere. And they promise to tell you their secret for only £29.99 'usually £120.99!'. And not only that! but they will chuck in loads of free gifts, usually ebooks of one type or another.

Now want I want to know is, has anyone, either you or someone you know actually paid money to find out this secret? What I'm trying to find out is, is the advice simply set up a website like this and watch the money roll in? cause it is isn't it! I mean really, do people actually pay them money?

Saying that, please don't be shy, if you've sent them your money, I'd like to hear from you. I once bought an ebook myself, it cost 1.99 on ebay, and it explained how to get free stuff from companies that you can use or sell on ebay. I can see the logic behind it, but you'd have to be some sort of super-salesman too actually get any free stuff, which begs the question, does this work, or did someone make up this entire ebook to get my money??

Yes people do send them money. Some of them have made millions selling their schemes and plans.

Remember, it is easier to make money selling spades and pick axes than it is going out looking for the gold.

I see. And what book was it that you used? Or one that you'd recommend? I'd love to hear about your system.....

Pete

Yes, I'd love to hear about it too. Did you get the system from the book you bought or did you develop the system youself.