House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
purplemonkey

Gazumping I Mean How Rude Is That!

A couple of close friends of mine, have just been to see a flat, heres the low down.

they;ve been looking for 3 weeks, seen loads of property. They see one they like, it just came on the market, they saw it the day after. They liked it, so offered 5% less then asking. they got declined, fair enough, its just come on the market! 5 mins later they said ok fine full asking price. They got accepted, and told the property will come off the market. A day later they got told someone else had put in an offer lower then the asking price, and now the venders want to go to closed auction.

does that sound fishy or what! Sounds to me like mr EA is after more commision.

A couple of close friends of mine, have just been to see a flat, heres the low down.

they;ve been looking for 3 weeks, seen loads of property. They see one they like, it just came on the market, they saw it the day after. They liked it, so offered 5% less then asking. they got declined, fair enough, its just come on the market! 5 mins later they said ok fine full asking price. They got accepted, and told the property will come off the market. A day later they got told someone else had put in an offer lower then the asking price, and now the venders want to go to closed auction.

does that sound fishy or what! Sounds to me like mr EA is after more commision.

Simple...get your friends to withdraw their offer and tell the vendor he's welcome to sell for the lower offer. If/when he then comes back and accepts your friends original offer, knock 5% off and make it clear it's a final offer. :ph34r:

they;ve been looking for 3 weeks, seen loads of property.

They've only been looking for 3 weeks - what's the rush. Totally agree with bottletop - tell them to stick it. You are not dealing with honourable people. If they are pulling stunts like this at this stage, what will they try next?

The EA noticed how quick they were to pay full asking price and has taken them for suckers.

Edited by Immigrant

I totally agree, but they really like it, they've seen over 20 properties in the last 3 weeks, and this one is the best by far, so they want it. Don't think they should be playing stupid games with the EA though, it just adds to the overall problem.