House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

London Home Repossessions Treble

http://www.in2perspective.com/nr/2006/06/l...ions-treble.jsp

London home repossessions treble

By Laurie Osborne, Editor

Published 30th Jun 2006, (a Friday) at 12:00PM

'Irresponsible' lending and spiralling house prices have trebled the number of Londoners who face having their homes repossessed in just five years, newly released government figures show.

Not too good for further HPI in London then? :lol:

is there somewhere you can find these repossed properties, or do they all just end up at auction?

Actually I can't understood repossesion in this climate, prices havn't dropped that much, if at all, so why don't people just sell there homes, rather then have them repossesesd? if they redecorated, they could propably even get a profit :-)

is there somewhere you can find these repossed properties, or do they all just end up at auction?

Actually I can't understood repossesion in this climate, prices havn't dropped that much, if at all, so why don't people just sell there homes, rather then have them repossesesd? if they redecorated, they could propably even get a profit :-)

I think a lot of people buying property today struggle to tie their own shoe laces.

Reason is because most people in this position choose to go bankrupt at the same time and can therefore 'walk away'from all their debts. Anybody wonder why prices in London are rising and not falling given this very bad news? It is because the London housing market is now an international commodities market. There are thousands if not millions of highly skilled overseas professionals either arriving with their companies or recruited from abroad by British based companies. These are not classical immigrants, they come with large deposits or are cash buyers or their companies purchase properties. Yes, things are very different to the last crash since FTB's and others have been replaced by 'foreign' workers. The only option for FTB's is to get onto the ladder taking great care about location and the purchase will be safe from any future possible price declines.

http://www.in2perspective.com/nr/2006/06/l...ions-treble.jsp

London home repossessions treble

By Laurie Osborne, Editor

Published 30th Jun 2006, (a Friday) at 12:00PM

'Irresponsible' lending and spiralling house prices have trebled the number of Londoners who face having their homes repossessed in just five years, newly released government figures show.

Not too good for further HPI in London then? :lol:

oh 'NO'

not 'I'

please help me...

why doesn't HPC start a credit junkie line ?

or you could become a diving footballer ? come on ref !!! look at me FACE ! 'hands n all that'