House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Swansea Ea Anecdotal

I spoke with a Swansea EA this week who told me that they had no shortage of buyers for properties in Swansea West looking to BTL. I was told that they had "investors from England and elsewhere queuing up to buy property to rent out".

I was told the average the sale from coming on the market is 10 days.

I would like to take this with a big pinch of salt but...

I saw my hairdresser today. I asked how business was. She said "booming. You'd better book an appointment soon, before you miss the boat!!"

I'll confess I've totally lost the plot ; there is no rhyme or reason, just complete insanity.

I return to the UK once a year on average and thought that in June I would get some sort of perspective on prices since the previous year. So wrong.

One EA in Carmarthen did say that he really didn't understand what was happening. That one guy had failed to sell after 6 months, took it off ,only to re-advertise weeks later, INCREASING the price by 20K!!

As for Swansea. Terraced houses in skunky St. Thomas that would have gone for 40k in 2000 now on for 130k!! Same house,same area, same neighbours.

I may be working 10000 miles away but it's starting to feel like a different planet. Has my cash really dropped in value by 50% in 6 years??

It must be all those well paid jobs flooding into Carmarthen - pay Adecco or Staffline a visit (the only obvious employment agencies in Carmarthen). I reckon the increase in the minimum wage must have transformed the incomes of so many in Carmarthen, all that spare cash must have flooded into property!

G

Walking back along the Kingsway this evening - IMPO dirty, run-down vomitted and cigratee butt covered sh*t-hole - I glanced at the ads in the job agency windows. 14K a year seemed to be the average wage on offer.

Walking back along the Kingsway this evening - IMPO dirty, run-down vomitted and cigratee butt covered sh*t-hole - I glanced at the ads in the job agency windows. 14K a year seemed to be the average wage on offer.

Diolch TMT, rincewind a Gruffydd - Rydw i'n mynd i'r glo balhou sepricecra shdotcom nawr

Hwyl

Diolch TMT, rincewind a Gruffydd - Rydw i'n mynd i'r glo balhou sepricecra shdotcom nawr

Hwyl

Hi Hugh,

I typed the above into babelfish and wierdly it hasn't got a welsh to english translation, was it good or am I not missing much.

Hi Hugh,

I typed the above into babelfish and wierdly it hasn't got a welsh to english translation, was it good or am I not missing much.

you didn't miss much, a very sarcastic:

Thank you TMT, rincewind and Gruffydd, I'm going to glo-bal hou-se pri-ce cr-ash dot com (weird spacing to beat the filters)

Probably offended by the swansea comments and gone somewhere else is **** a "competitior" website?