House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pootle

Short Term Vs Long Erm Letting

....apart from the fact that one is for longer than the other :rolleyes:

I've been renting for years now, but it has always been an AST letting. I'm now moving again (my wife has changed job) and I have seen a number of properties that are for "long term" rental. I was wondering if anyone knew what the difference in the "terms and conditions" would be ad if there is anything in particular that I need to be wary of.

Thanks,

UE

Guest Homer

Not an answer to your question, but from your name i guess you are one of the very few northern Irish who post here.

I just rented a great 3 bedroom house in Carryduff (similar on market for £160,000 - £170,000) for £480 pcm. Was on at £495 but they must be really desperate. Nearly took my arm off.

Do you have any thoughts on where we are in NI in comparison to the rest of the UK?

I'm hoping that with the EU interest rate rises it'll put the squeeze on all the investors from the South who are buying stuff around here.

Not an answer to your question, but from your name i guess you are one of the very few northern Irish who post here.

I just rented a great 3 bedroom house in Carryduff (similar on market for £160,000 - £170,000) for £480 pcm. Was on at £495 but they must be really desperate. Nearly took my arm off.

Do you have any thoughts on where we are in NI in comparison to the rest of the UK?

I'm hoping that with the EU interest rate rises it'll put the squeeze on all the investors from the South who are buying stuff around here.

Hello Hungry Hungry Homer :) (just been watchin the Simpsons).

Yep, I'm from Norn Iron but I live in England.

Mainly to the west the last time I checked....but with regard to house prices, they have been going nuts, nuts I tell you! I think that a part of that is the cross border influence. For many southerners it is easier for them to invest in Northern Ireland rather than in the rest of the UK (then followed by places where there is traditionally a strong Oirish influence in places like Manchester). Apart from the alleged peace dividend, I can't see anything that makes Northern Ireland different from any other region in the UK. I think that if euro interest rates keep heading north then the money will start heading back south and the cooldown will be faster than the rest of the UK.

As far as rental is concerned, I really don't know. I have no experience of the rental market in the oul sod.