House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
othello

Time To Feel Happy

I just wanted to say that reading the news blog over the last couple of days has made me feel happier than usual. :D

The pieces of the jigsaw seem to be coming together. The chickens are coming home to root. The Sun has got his hat on. I think we should all take a time out of this discussion and return in September after an enjoyable, relaxing Summer.

If you encounter a bull, a BTL invetor, a property-laden baby-boomer sporting a smug look upon their face don't get into a debate about the property market, just nod politely and change the subject, restricting youself to a whimsical comment along the lines of 'what goes around comes around' (if you absolutely have to).

If you accidentally flick onto Property Ladder or Locationx3, smile to yourself and change channels, or watch quietly; avoid the usual exclamations of horror, disgust etc. confining yourself to an occasional comment about how much better Sarah looks since her pregnancy, or (again if you must) the size of Kirsty's hips. Think of the era ahead, when the property market is turned upside down and how good life is. And wear sunscreen. ;)

Edited by othello

I just wanted to say that reading the news blog over the last couple of days has made me feel happier than usual. :D

The pieces of the jigsaw seem to be coming together. The chickens are coming home to root. The Sun has got his hat on. I think we should all take a time out of this discussion and return in September after an enjoyable, relaxing Summer.

If you encounter a bull, a BTL invetor, a property-laden baby-boomer sporting a smug look upon their face don't get into a debate about the property market, just nod politely and change the subject, restricting youself to a whimsical comment along the lines of 'what goes around comes around' (if you absolutely have to).

If you accidentally flick onto Property Ladder or Locationx3, smile to yourself and change channels, or watch quietly; avoid the usual exclamations of horror, disgust etc. confining yourself to an occasional comment about how much better Sarah looks since her pregnancy, or (again if you must) the size of Kirsty's hips. Think of the era head, when the property market is turned on its head and how good life is. And wear sunscreen. ;)

I am afarid i am not going to be so complacent, i have seen far to many false dawns, maybe, and i mean JUST MAYBE, i will let my guard down once we have see a few months of 1% or 2% falls.

I am afarid i am not going to be so complacent, i have seen far to many false dawns, maybe, and i mean JUST MAYBE, i will let my guard down once we have see a few months of 1% or 2% falls.

Oh dear. I was just trying to cheer people up. On a serious note, I doubt we'll see more than a total 1% rise and I doubt it will take more than that.

Fallen further then that over most of the country since 2004.. :)

I belive that all reagions of the UKfell except London and NI last quarter - Land Registry figures... so there's something to be happy about!