House Price Crash Forum

Blair Laid Bare: The Article That May Get You Arrested

HOLA441

'Blair laid bare: the article that may get you arrested':

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article1129827.ece

In the guise of fighting terrorism and maintaining public order, Tony Blair's Government has quietly and systematically taken power from Parliament and the British people. The author charts a nine-year assault on civil liberties that reveals the danger of trading freedom for security -- and must have Churchill spinning in his grave/

HOLA442
Guest Alright Jack

It seems the author of that article has a terminal case of verbal diarrhea. There must be something hidden away in all that but I don't have the patience to find it!

HOLA443
HOLA444
It seems the author of that article has a terminal case of verbal diarrhea. There must be something hidden away in all that but I don't have the patience to find it!

Obviously you disagree with any criticism of this goverment. Just how you discredit the whole article in one sweeping sentence. Nice try, Troll.

~~~

Great article. It just shows what a authoritarian government we have.

Edited by Jason

HOLA445

Excellent article!

Read it and weep. It is incredible how, in nine years, this Govt. has brought in so much restrictive legislation almost unoticed by the British public.

it's because the 3 parties are all in bed togeather and the press is anything but free.

Murdock says he may switch to backing the Con's at the next election and if the BBC are good boys then they can add an inflation busting rise to the cost of a TV licence

time the people got togeather, both left and right and took the power back and put these MP's in jail

"On 18 June, Mr Jago carried a placard in Whitehall bearing the George Orwell quote: "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." In his possession, he had several copies of an article in the American magazine Vanity Fair headlined "Blair's Big Brother Legacy", which were confiscated by the police. "The implication that I read from this statement at the time was that I was being accused of handing out subversive material," said Mr Jago. Yesterday, the author, Henry Porter, the magazine's London editor, wrote to Sir Ian Blair, the Metropolitan Police Commissioner, expressing concern that the freedom of the press would be severely curtailed if such articles were used in evidence under the Act."

How bad has it got to get before the sheeple wake up, No WMD and 9/11 was faked so that they could run for the oil and enslave the people at home.

Edited by Justice

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Yep, we were scared of the bogeymen in the puppet show and allowed our rights to be taken away. A scandal is what it is....History tells us the French people know what to do with the likes of Bush and Blair. :angry:

Not sure how the French do it but in the US a president is forced to face the electorate every 4 years. In the UK its the party that is elected and you are stukc with whoever they have decided upon to be leader.

But, like most things time and history will tell. Sometimes the bogyeman is real and we don't like to believe that he is.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Hmmm, interesting, had to spoil it by mentioning Ken Clarke and then in the next paragraph the CJB, which is where it all started IMO.

Anyone who lived in London through the 80's and early 90's will probably know someone, or was personally affected by IRA terrorism themselves, I know I was.

During that whole period not one individual was successfully convicted for untold number of attacks. Since those days we have had one 'terrorist' attack(7/7), and within 24 hours the perpetrators were identified. Not to mention the fact that Visor Consultants were running a simulated suicide attack at the exact time and the same stations the 'real' ones took place! The up-shot, civil liberties restrictions.

How short our memories must be. There was a time when 'bin bombs' in London would not even get a mention on national news! Thatchers government were attacked while they slept! We were scared, sure, but no national hysteria. And yet today the majority accept these Emanuel Goldstein figures without question.

HOLA4412

Not sure how the French do it but in the US a president is forced to face the electorate every 4 years. In the UK its the party that is elected and you are stukc with whoever they have decided upon to be leader.

But, like most things time and history will tell. Sometimes the bogyeman is real and we don't like to believe that he is.

The Guillotine as I recall....

I don't see how the US system is superior as they seem to rig their elections to let in power crazed loony Presidents who stage hideous 'Riechstag type' stunts to pave the way for their world domination plans (and to help daddy's Haliburton group get hold of enormous oil reserves in Iraq). :ph34r:

The bogeymen are real: they are Bush and Blair.

HOLA4413

During that whole period not one individual was successfully convicted for untold number of attacks. Since those days we have had one 'terrorist' attack(7/7), and within 24 hours the perpetrators were identified.

Not really a valid comparison. The IRA bombers were determined not to be caught. The suicide bombers didn't expect to live, and made no attempt to hide their identities, including helpfully leaving their ID and body parts at the scene of the crime.

HOLA4414

Not really a valid comparison. The IRA bombers were determined not to be caught. The suicide bombers didn't expect to live, and made no attempt to hide their identities, including helpfully leaving their ID and body parts at the scene of the crime.

Yes, lots of individual bodies in parts. ID, oh yeah, like the passport from 9/11 that survived the raging inferno that melted a skyscraper but managed to remain intact!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Hmmm, interesting, had to spoil it by mentioning Ken Clarke and then in the next paragraph the CJB, which is where it all started IMO.

Anyone who lived in London through the 80's and early 90's will probably know someone, or was personally affected by IRA terrorism themselves, I know I was.

During that whole period not one individual was successfully convicted for untold number of attacks. Since those days we have had one 'terrorist' attack(7/7), and within 24 hours the perpetrators were identified. Not to mention the fact that Visor Consultants were running a simulated suicide attack at the exact time and the same stations the 'real' ones took place! The up-shot, civil liberties restrictions.

How short our memories must be. There was a time when 'bin bombs' in London would not even get a mention on national news! Thatchers government were attacked while they slept! We were scared, sure, but no national hysteria. And yet today the majority accept these Emanuel Goldstein figures without question.

Yes. I was one of many thousands that marched through the streets of London in protest of the CJB in the mid nineties. At the time it was the largest demo since the minor's strike, yet it wasn't even mentioned in the national press.

I'm no fan of Thatcher, but when she personally came within about 2 meters of death in Brighton at the hands of a terrorist bomb, she stepped forward the next morning and proclaimed "business as usual". Contrast that with the reaction to 7/7. "We will not allow these people to threaten our way of life" Nope, we'll do it ourselves through the politics of fear.

But don't worry everyone, you can get 25,000 tunes on the lastest iPod, and I hear HD flat screen TVs are more affordable than ever, what would we need freedom for?

HOLA4418

I'd just like to recommend this film to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

It starts off by explaining past, staged, pretexts for war, backed up with documented evidence and recently unclassified government reports. It features HPC friendly Michael Meacher interviews as well as revelation concerning the US government condoning of child sex abuse as a method of torturing their parents!

Take a look :)

HOLA4419

interviews as well as revelation concerning the US government condoning of child sex abuse as a method of torturing their parents!

Well what do you expect when we allow predators to market clothes to kids to make them "sexy"? :angry: