House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GAL BEAR

House Prices So High In Emmerdale That Viv Windsor

Viv Windsor (who must be late 40's) is desperate to have another baby! (before she goes thru the menopause)

Storyline is her daughter Donna can't afford a new 'starter' home on new develpment with her new hubby.

They are staying with the local vet at present.

Her mum Viv has offered her a deposit for a new home if Donna will act as a surrogate for her.

This may be a far-fetched story line but in a way I'm glad when I see things like this as thousands of people watch

Emmerdale and it might get the message thru how bad things are for FTB's.

By the way if there are any rich George Clooney look-a-likes out there who wuld give me a 50 grand deposit to

put on a home if I carry their child ...... I would be prepared to consider it !!! :rolleyes:

Guest Bart of Darkness

Oh for the days of Emmerdale Farm. Amos and Mr Wilks, Seth and Walter, long scenes around the Sugden's kitchen table with not a lot going on.

"eee ma, it's a bit parky out".

Haven't watched the show since the plane crash days. From what little I've seen of it since, it seems to be most full of greedy, grasping, unpleasant people and interchangeable teenage actors trying to woo the "yoof" market.

Her mum Viv has offered her a deposit for a new home if Donna will act as a surrogate for her.

Bound to end in tears.

Oh for the days of Emmerdale Farm. Amos and Mr Wilks, Seth and Walter, long scenes around the Sugden's kitchen table with not a lot going on.

"eee ma, it's a bit parky out".

Indeed.

To paraphrase a character in a recent Colin Bateman novel:

You can globalise the economy, and you can call them "Starbursts". For me, they'll be Opal Fruits 'till the day I f@*!ing die...

Seth is dead now (in the programme and in real life).

God was he really 'shacked up' with a tranny ? :blink:

................................................................................................

Lat night good old Jack Sugden had a go at the developers for selling houses that were so high in price that local

youngsters could not afford to buy them.

A little bit of media 'spin' for the bears for a change.

Edited by GAL BEAR

I caught this bit by chance on Friday - as I don't watch soaps - but was both stunned by it and impressed.

It does take to extremes - not those wanting children - but the how far off scew society has gone - and it's not within the realms of impossibility - sadly, I also over hear conversataions of women in their 30s and 40s suggesting they use their kids as surrogates.

Well done Emmerdale - now could you just organise a riot please!!!!

You can globalise the economy, and you can call them "Starbursts". For me, they'll be Opal Fruits 'till the day I f@*!ing die...

Chimpy Chompies. They had it in their hands and they threw it away by going for Starburst. They should have went for Chimpy Chompies.