House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wouldliketobuy

Seller Arguing Over £1500

Having said that we're moving out on Monday anyway, and have taken a payment holiday from the mortgage and have 6 months exemption from council tax, so all we'll be paying on the place is water rates & insurance while it's empty. So it's not actually costing us any money to keep it for longer.

Except the amount it costs you is your no-chain, cash buyer drops out and you can't find another one....

You can't even buy a decent 3 piece suite for that much!

http://www.hitched.co.uk/sbforum/topic.asp?topic_id=682155

Unbelieveable. Wouldn't shock me if it was a 2 bed terrace they bought for £45000 before the boom. In this buyers market you think they would take the offer and run!

But aren't house prices going up ( and they always go up) so why accept a lower offer ;-)

I liked this post

"Thanks. The EA knows we would like £128 - and in fact thinks if the market wasn't so stagnant at the moment (which it is round here) they would have valued it at about £133 anyway. "

And as for payment holidays, does she think the interest is stopped during a payment holiday - how thick are these people - surely too stupid to say I do ?

I liked this post

"Thanks. The EA knows we would like £128 - and in fact thinks if the market wasn't so stagnant at the moment (which it is round here) they would have valued it at about £133 anyway. "

And as for payment holidays, does she think the interest is stopped during a payment holiday - how thick are these people - surely too stupid to say I do ?

and i believe in Aberdeen, any empty property is still legible for 90% council tax...(and second homes)

Why should people be exempt council tax cause they are going on holiday..or maybe the council is thinking..we will wait 6 months 1 day and then take it over :ph34r:

Plus they are selling to HA, I can imagine the neighbours being really pleased about that - the potential for Chavmella and the many socially offensive 'uncles' to her kids moving in must be great...

[i know many HA tenants are in fact called Gabriel, but remember Lucifer was an angel too]

Plus they are selling to HA, I can imagine the neighbours being really pleased about that - the potential for Chavmella and the many socially offensive 'uncles' to her kids moving in must be great...

[i know many HA tenants are in fact called Gabriel, but remember Lucifer was an angel too]

I am a HA tenant, however as my house is well kept, most people assume I own. The woman next door bought her house under the right to buy scheme 4 years ago (for £18000). She was mortified when we were discussing her sale a few weeks later when I informed her I was a tenant. I saw her face drop when she realised that at any moment I could move out and she could face the prosepct of Waynetta Slobb as her new neighbour!

Edited by Wouldliketobuy