House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I Told You So

Ridiculous Situation

There a very few economists, and pretty much no city traders (see IR futures market) who do not accept that IR's will rise at least once this year.

Why oh why do we have to put up with the drivel from the likes of imupnorth, TTRTR etc persisting that rates wont rise, its pointless boring and clogging up many threads - accept it and move on.

There a very few economists, and pretty much no city traders (see IR futures market) who do not accept that IR's will rise at least once this year.

Why oh why do we have to put up with the drivel from the likes of imupnorth, TTRTR etc persisting that rates wont rise, its pointless boring and clogging up many threads - accept it and move on.

Why do we have to put up with people dissagreeing?

Because otherwise this would be a fairly dull discussion forum.

They are simply showing you WHY they are on here - to get you lot to commit financial suicide and help prop up their property portfolio values

I assume, because they don't work in the VI media, they have to express their VI through a popular website forum full of potential 'victims' - they don't care about you

IMO most of them are sociopaths...

Edited by dnd

They all live in a la-la land. Only a while ago they were convinced that IRs are going to fall, now they say they won't rise, tomorrow they will say oh they have gone up by only a quarter point, and day after ONLY a half percentage. And who knows if IRs fall afterwards.

Until they actually do head up their opinion is just as valid as anyone elses on the site.

And with Gordon Brown busily poisoning anyone in favour of a hike they may well be right.

B)

Funny how the press and even the BBC have stopped mentioning "the next rate cut" in every report remotely connected to the ecomomy

The question is not one of whether or not rates will go up but rather by how much and how quickly.

If we get one 0.25% rate increase in the next year then this will have little or no effect.

For HPC 2007 there needs to be at least 2 rises this year and preferably the public mindset to expect more next year to prevent the next "Spring Bounce".

IR rises across the globe will affect us regardless of local rises

The effect will be global and sudden IMO....

Just picked this up in another thread...

"As inflation picks up simultaneously around the world, interest rates are rising everywhere, and the property boom is turning into a bust," Morgan Stanley economist Andy Xie said in a note.

Edited by dnd

With the stock market so dodgy forget about your IR rises :) What was the last vote 7 to 1 against a rise ?

Edited by mercsl

With the stock market so dodgy forget about your IR rises :) What was the last vote 7 to 1 against a rise ?

IR rises in this country are irrelevant - you should be looking at the global picture and the consequence of global IR rises

It's also a good excuse for GB when the whole thing crashes - he can blame it on macro economic events....

the real irony for me is that as potential FTBs we want to take the biggest loans of our lives, and yet pretty much everyone here (me included) wants the cost of borrowing to go up !

I don't quite agree. I am happy to read bull posts but only when they contain some coherent argument to support their line. There's too much jibing and sarcasm and not enough sensible debate. I have oftern asked the likes of TTRTR to substantiate their view but have had nothing back other than more of the same.

I don't quite agree. I am happy to read bull posts but only when they contain some coherent argument to support their line. There's too much jibing and sarcasm and not enough sensible debate. I have oftern asked the likes of TTRTR to substantiate their view but have had nothing back other than more of the same.

Anyway, since when did we listen to the views of bulls, and take it in all seriousness. Otherwise we would had listened to all our mums and dads, brothers, sisters, friends, work colleagues, hell - we wouldn't even be on here - or know it existed. It's all cause and effect. There has to be some bulls on here - i actually like ttrtr by the way - he is very funny, and takes a lot of flak. They have to tell us us the oposite of what is going to happen, so we can put them straight and tell them otherwise.

Fret not i told you so!