House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Property Dreamer

Angry Tenant Destroys Landlords's House

The couple, who have been together for 30 years, said they had sold the man a caravan for £36,000 last year and had recently sent him a demand for £1,000 rent for the site after he had fallen into arrears.

36 grand for a caravan???

Looks like the Lord of the manor pushed one of his surfs too far.

Probably quite true. I suspect there are a lot of details about this that we will never know that will explain this (if paying 36k for a caravan isn't enough). Anyone ever see the Michael Douglas film "Falling Down"? Something similar is probably closer to the reality here.

“It’s unbelievable. I can’t believe anybody would do anything like this,” Mr Harvard said. “Janice is lucky to be alive. He started wrecking the place with her inside it.” Vincent Frostick, who lives opposite, said: “I saw the digger driving up the road. A policewoman turned up and tried to stop him but he just smashed through the car. She was just yards away when the bucket came down.

No, what's unbelievable is that 'landlords' can charge £36,000 for a caravan and then charge rent whilst they rub in their elevated position with a huge house and new cars to pose about in and all paid for by the poor b@stards having to live like surfs on their master's land. It is quite unbelievable that after hundreds of years of progres this system is allowed to exsist.

The digger-driver-tennant should be given a medal for showing enormous restraint.

No, what's unbelievable is that 'landlords' can charge £36,000 for a caravan and then charge rent whilst they rub in their elevated position with a huge house and new cars to pose about in and all paid for by the poor b@stards having to live like surfs on their master's land. It is quite unbelievable that after hundreds of years of progres this system is allowed to exsist.

The digger-driver-tennant should be given a medal for showing enormous restraint.

I really hope that's tongue in cheek or it almost beggars belief....

confused, £500,000 damages?

It will cost 60->90k to rebuild the house, and the cars probably need a touch up, new panels. I cant see more than 150k worth of damage...

Edited by moosetea

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

Sorry, you are renting to me?

You renting to me?

You want to rent a m#@&tha-f@£$&n' one-bed in Battersea to me???!!!

Urghh, that frilly trim above the windows. Gross. Obviously had it coming.

One day a rain will come and wash the BTL scum off the streets.

Who forced this man to buy this caravan and live there?

No one. You've got to live somewhere and then situations can evolve. For example no one would choose to live next door to a 'neighbour from hell', these things develop over time. In addition 'Normals' can become 'Not Normals' it only takes some 'stuff' to happen and away you go.

What are they moaning about? At least they now have a convertible Bentley instead of a hard top.

I'm afraid the vehicle is not as classy as a Bentley but is instead a more appropriate 'Bling Bling' Chrysler 300C, a car favoured by Rap 'artists', footballers etc. Very common in Cheshire.

I'm afraid the vehicle is not as classy as a Bentley but is instead a more appropriate 'Bling Bling' Chrysler 300C, a car favoured by Rap 'artists', footballers etc. Very common in Cheshire.

It's an old airport taxi reskinned (the old Eclass) and the Crossfire is a 10 year old Merc SLK without the folding roof. Very Essex.

I am guessing there's a lot more to this one than we know about at the moment. Comedy news for most of us, not for the people involved (on any side).

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

:D:D:D

might just be the mood I'm in but this didn't arf make me larf!

Nice one!

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

You renting to me?

Lmao!!!

QUOTE(Property Dreamer @ Jun 28 2006, 11:20 AM)

I really hope that's tongue in cheek or it almost beggars belief....

Thank you, I know it does beggar belief doesn't it, really quite unbelievable.