House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dogbox

Advice Needed Please

Ive been offered an off - plan marina berth with a 60 year lease.

Sounds fine but them Im told there is a review every 20 years. WHAT DOES THIS BIT MEAN?

Im told the berth is mine for 60 years and the 20 year bit is nothing of concern as its simply a reveiw of maintenance payments and fees.

Anyone have any knowledge and in particular whether when I come to resell I am entitled to sell the remainder of 60 years, or is it the remainder of 20 years?

I notice estabnlished marinas tend to have berths for sale with 15 or 20 year leases, so Im a bit sceptical I can really obtain one offering a 60 year lease.

Thx in advance

[Dogbox - I'm also interested in the marina berths. I tried to PM you, but the system won't let me at the moment. Can you please PM me with any details and prices. Thanks

Ive been offered an off - plan marina berth with a 60 year lease.

Sounds fine but them Im told there is a review every 20 years. WHAT DOES THIS BIT MEAN?

Im told the berth is mine for 60 years and the 20 year bit is nothing of concern as its simply a reveiw of maintenance payments and fees.

Anyone have any knowledge and in particular whether when I come to resell I am entitled to sell the remainder of 60 years, or is it the remainder of 20 years?

I notice estabnlished marinas tend to have berths for sale with 15 or 20 year leases, so Im a bit sceptical I can really obtain one offering a 60 year lease.

Thx in advance

Hi Dog Box,

I got your pm and didnt notice that you had started another topic so i was i bit confussed.

I have just spoken to Fadesa who have told me that the lease is for the 60 years but is split up into 3 x 20 year periods.

What will happen is that you have the lease for the first 20 years and then get 1st refusal for the next 20 years. If you want to sell at any point then you will be selling the remainder of that 20 year period and the person who buys it will then get the option of first refusal on the next 20 year lease. Please however note that Fadesa will have to get 1st refusal on buying any marina birth and they will also fix a value at which you wont be able to sell below.

If you have any questions I would suggest that you contact Fadesa directly on +44 (0)20 7486 6500