House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
isv

Price Of Houses Will Drop, Says Reserve Bank Head

From today's New Zealand Herald:

===

Reserve Bank Governor Alan Bollard expects house prices to start falling by the end of the year as higher interest rates begin to bite.

"It takes longer for houses to come to market and longer for them to sell," Dr Bollard said. "Monetary policy is now having an effect and we feel more comfortable as a result of that."

===

And, not surprisingly, the estate agents disagree:

===

"Real Estate institute president Howard Morley said the property market was in positive territory and was likely to remain there."

===

Hmm... now who would I believe... the head of the estate agents trade body or the Govenor of the country's central bank...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cf...jectID=10388515

From today's New Zealand Herald:

===

Reserve Bank Governor Alan Bollard expects house prices to start falling by the end of the year as higher interest rates begin to bite.

"It takes longer for houses to come to market and longer for them to sell," Dr Bollard said. "Monetary policy is now having an effect and we feel more comfortable as a result of that."

===

And, not surprisingly, the estate agents disagree:

===

"Real Estate institute president Howard Morley said the property market was in positive territory and was likely to remain there."

===

Hmm... now who would I believe... the head of the estate agents trade body or the Govenor of the country's central bank...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cf...jectID=10388515

The currency is taking a huge hit. Looks like they are propping up the economy with public-sector spending to avoid a full recession. Fortunately the UK has a prudent Chancer Chancellor so public-sector borrowing is under control. No need for panic.........yet. Coming to country near you soon!

The currency is taking a huge hit. Looks like they are propping up the economy with public-sector spending to avoid a full recession. Fortunately the UK has a prudent Chancer Chancellor so public-sector borrowing is under control. No need for panic.........yet. Coming to country near you soon!

Isn't Brown supposed to decrease public spending in the next year to 2 years? I'm sure I've seen that (NHS anyone?)

Wonder what happens if we go into recession?

Edited by OzzMosiz

Isn't Brown supposed to decrease public spending in the next year to 2 years? I'm sure I've seen that (NHS anyone?)

We cannot have a recession because there's some bird called 'Prudence' balancing the books, init?

He's said he aims to reduce it. But he wont - he'll rebrand it as 'investing'

And the B-T-Lemmings still pile in..... :lol::lol:

Economists had been predicting the demise of the market for four years but it still performed strongly.

Mr Morley said a recent survey of property investors showed that 90 per cent intended to increase their holdings over the next five years.

"This has shown real estate has been one of the better investments."

Not for much longer suckers!

In NZ they rolled out all the same arguments against a crash we have in the UK. Now they are going to pay for this greed with high interest rates, a worthless currency and recession (if they're not already in one).

It will be a treat to go house-hunting here within a year or two. Nice bit of cheap ocean real estate anyone?!

.....and they're supposed to have a handle on the economy!!!!!