House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Webmaster

Pub Meet

Are the lot at the other place coming for a punch-up?

Now that would be a laugh. You can't raise a placard or a protest email between you but ....

'Two rival gangs from house price crash web sites clashed last night in the streets of London. One group accused of 'selling out' by the other group were ambushed in the toilets of the bar they were holding their AGM in. The melee spilled out into the streets and soon the violence was enough to warrant summoning the riot police. Every single one of the trouble makers was rounded up and taken to Bow Street Station to appear before magistrates this morning. A journalist at the scene asked several people what the fighting was all about ...'

A total of 7 arrests were made.

Edited by Marina

Are the lot at the other place coming for a punch-up?

Now that would be a laugh. You can't raise a placard or a protest email between you but ....

'Two rival gangs from house price crash web sites clashed last night in the streets of London. One group accused of 'selling out' by the other group were ambushed in the toilets of the bar they were holding their AGM in. The melee spilled out into the streets and soon the violence was enough to warrant summoning the riot police. Every single one of the trouble makers was rounded up and taken to Bow Street Station to appear before magistrates this morning. A journalist at the scene asked several people what the fighting was all about ...'

A total of 7 arrests were made.

Or perhaps 'Bruno & the Monkey trolls drive by shooting' allegedly funded by northern hpc'ers & TTRTR who felt excluded :D;)

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

Enjoy yourselves! Too far for me to come, and I've tried before.

How about a concerted effort to have the next one in the midlands / north of England soon as this London-centric meeting thing is becoming a bit more than a joke.

Feel free to organise a Midlands/North pub meet.

WM, I've got Dave and his rottweilers coming down for security.

Should I get Ron as well or is that overkill? I think he's calmer now he's had the counselling; obviously we don't want a repeat of the bayonet incident.

Should I get Ron as well or is that overkill? I think he's calmer now he's had the counselling; obviously we don't want a repeat of the bayonet incident.

Well seeing as TTRTR has defecated to the other side - maybe he'll bring a few hard 'throw the tenants out without any hassle' mates along. Good on him.

Is it true Charlie used to be a bare knuckle figher in fairgrounds?

Edited by Marina

Well seeing as TTRTR has defecated to the other side...

Funniest. Typo. Ever.

Least I think it's a typo!...

Feel free to organise a Midlands/North pub meet.

Thanks for the support, but I'm a bit busy at the moment & its probably best left to someone with better organisational skills. Happy to attend & support one though.

Be warned that the the mortgage lenders trade association have already mined the pavement. :)

Thanks for the support, but I'm a bit busy at the moment & its probably best left to someone with better organisational skills. Happy to attend & support one though.

All you have to do is nominate a place and a time. If no-one pitches... so what.

Guest Fiddlesticks

All you have to do is nominate a place and a time. If no-one pitches... so what.

Can I suggest organising it in a brewery?

I think a north meet needs to be in a big city like Manchester or Birmingham to attract more folks, so would be best organised by someone from one of these places.

I'm in Chester ( after 13 years in London), which is a bit out of the way.

Webmaster - really good night. Many thanks for setting up and thanks to the powers that be for the great (high fat) and incredibly moreish food.

Brad was classic :lol:

fp

Yes, many thanks for organising that! It was good fun. :)

My only suggestion for a future one would be "not Monday".

Who was Brad? Don't remember him...

Yes, many thanks for organising that! It was good fun. :)

My only suggestion for a future one would be "not Monday".

Who was Brad? Don't remember him...

Brad left after 40mins or so. Just after he told me to pile every penny into property. He will get 50% returns. That the housing market, consumer economy is like a perpetual motion machine.

A little flawed in my opinion.

Webmaster - really good night. Many thanks for setting up and thanks to the powers that be for the great (high fat) and incredibly moreish food.

Brad was classic :lol:

fp

Yes, it was lovely to meet you all.

We must meet up again.

Many thanks to Webmaster for organising this.

Another fantastic evening :D , although I've been suffering a bit today :( .

For the record those who were there (in no particular order):

Me, obviously.

Jason

Picnic

Nijo

Redwing

Big Al

Dr Doom

Rich M

La La Land

Financial Planner

Bubble Pricker

Webmaster

Muggle

Biriani

Contrarian

Reuben H

Charles Darke

Woody

and a bullish lurker called Brad

That's not a comprehensive list and my abject apologies if I have forgotten anyone but my memory of last night is a bit hazy.

did you find another pub/club in the end and how long did you stay out for? :)

Did I say I was going to go on to another pub? :o

That's as bad as saying "I've got a bottle of tequila round here somewhere" - a sure sign that you've had too much to drink.

I didn't though, no.

Thanks Webmaster had a good night again, sorry I was late.

Maybe next time we will wear those T-shirts (I told you so!)

All the best to all who attended including financial planner who could not stay the pace!

Cheers Big AL