House Price Crash Forum

Significant Shifts In Projected Future Interest Rates.

dmrc

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

It’s a load of B*llox – every time they publish a prediction they change it from the last – the BOE actual change interest rates and they predict what will happen – they do not see interest rates going up quickly or that high – I think they know best – have a look at one of there reports – it’s a little more thought out – I would be surprised if IR’s went over 5% in the next 2 years

HOLA445

so we are due a 1 point raise in 4 months then??

woo hoo 0.25 every month for next 4 months!! (unless i read the graph wrong!)

Is KON gonna tell us that some adjustment need doing here so IR will remain at 4.5% for the rest of the year and then fall sometime next year when inflation calms down in winters and market expectations change? :D

It’s a load of B*llox – every time they publish a prediction they change it from the last – the BOE actual change interest rates and they predict what will happen – they do not see interest rates going up quickly or that high – I think they know best – have a look at one of there reports – it’s a little more thought out – I would be surprised if IR’s went over 5% in the next 2 years

Someone here had said that he would be surprised if the FED rates went up above 5% in next five years and to 5.5% in next 10 years. You all have got crystal balls :lol:

HOLA446

This graph is for the FED not the BOE.

The BOE projection shows lift off later this year.

HOLA447

yep, so who on here predicted FED rates to be 5.5% by the year end. The possibility is fed would be increasing more than the market expectations. And all ( I mean ALL) property bulls here were telling that Fed rates would peak at 5% only a few months ago. Come on, accept inflation is rampant, Britain will be hit sooner or later.

HOLA448

Ok I should have clicked on the actual graph – I just used the link for the UK – which is a load of b*llox – I can only guess that the rest is aswell – have a look at it – nobody in there right mind would believe the UK rates - looks like they have just guessed – I don’t trust anything they print

HOLA449

yep, so who on here predicted FED rates to be 5.5% by the year end. The possibility is fed would be increasing more than the market expectations. And all ( I mean ALL) property bulls here were telling that Fed rates would peak at 5% only a few months ago. Come on, accept inflation is rampant, Britain will be hit sooner or later.

I was highlighting the fact that in his angst to quickly rubbish the data, LookToThePast had not even noticed the title of the graph on this thread and consequently started going on about BOE rates!

FED rates will continue to rise whilst they keep on spending (that's both the State and the citizens). It's about bankrolling debt rather than inflation.

HOLA4410

I know KON will say you need to deduct around 25base points to take care of bad debt. But that still leave a rate increase to 4.75% around the year end. It also shows rates will peak at around 5%, which is enough to do damage to the housing market IMHO.

Also, you will find the markets never really priced in a rate decrease around xmas. They were more flat.

But, it will be all different next week...