House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
plumbob

Sellers Pack.

does anyone know when the sellers pack legislation comes into force. Also, if a house is for sale when the date passes does the vendor then have to conform with the rules or is it only properties that come onto the market after the said date.

Guest muttley

does anyone know when the sellers pack legislation comes into force. Also, if a house is for sale when the date passes does the vendor then have to conform with the rules or is it only properties that come onto the market after the said date.

This article from todays Telegraph is worth reading.

Home Buyers Packs. A Bonus Or A Burden?

If you don't want to read the article then.

a) June 1, 2007

b.) Yes.

Edited by muttley

We're building up a section on the site which should answer most queries;

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid=NEWS&cat=54

Alternatively visit thehipreport

According to the article on the Telegraph link

Q."I want to market my home before 1 June next year. If it has not sold by that date, will I need to compile a HIP?"

A. No. If the property is already for sale before 1 June you can continue to market it indefinitely without an HIP.

Does this mean we are likely to see a lot of houses coming on the market at silly prices just before 1 June 2007? i.e. owner doesn't really want to sell right away, but thinks there's a good chance they may sell in the near future, so they put the house "on the market" so they can sell without a HIP later on?

According to the article on the Telegraph link

Does this mean we are likely to see a lot of houses coming on the market at silly prices just before 1 June 2007? i.e. owner doesn't really want to sell right away, but thinks there's a good chance they may sell in the near future, so they put the house "on the market" so they can sell without a HIP later on?

I believe the Government has just amended the legislation to require properties first marketed before 1st June 2007 to have a HIP in place by 31st October 2007, so there will be an effective 5 month window to sell with avoiding the necessity of a HIP.

Link Here

Edited by RodCrosby

Guest The_Oldie

I believe the Government has just amended the legislation to require properties first marketed before 1st June 2007 to have a HIP in place by 31st October 2007, so there will be an effective 5 month window to sell with avoiding the necessity of a HIP.

Link Here

So we'll probably see a lot of older properties coming onto the market next spring, followed by substantial price drops during the summer.