House Price Crash Forum
neilcharlton

Profiting From A Fall ?

not sure if this has been posted before so please tell me if it has .

When this correction finally happens how can we profit ?

-Goldman Sachs covered house price warrants . ? -- any one bought one , bit pricy and spreads bigger than Sharon stone !

- Spread bets - again spreads will kill you and too short term i.e 3-6 months .

- Short the sh-t out of property developers, land agencies etc - could be the easiest option .

We all know its incredibly easy to profit from house prices rises , any ideas how you can profit from a fall ?

please only post a reply if you know what your talking about , if didn’t understand 100% of the above terms that’s your indication not to post !

please only post a reply if you know what your talking about , if didn’t understand 100% of the above terms that’s your indication not to post !

You really know how to get a conversation started

We all know its incredibly easy to profit from house prices rises , any ideas how you can profit from a fall ?

I understand all the above, it is so incredibly easy to profit from property, you wait till prices are low, buy, then sell when they go high.

This is why we are all rich.

What fall?

Property will always go up, so you will always become rich, it's just the time when this happens that varies.

Simple ennit!

-Goldman Sachs covered house price warrants . ? -- any one bought one , bit pricy and spreads bigger than Sharon stone !

- Short the sh-t out of property developers, land agencies etc - could be the easiest option .

tw at

Not tellin yeah....nehnehnehnehneh :P

There's no need to wait for the correction to profit.

Sell your own property, that's the first step to shorting this market.

Second, rent a place well below the cost of interest and maintenance on the same property.

You'll already be in profit without worrying about when the crash happens, and the longer it takes , the more you make.

It's a no brainer.

repos - you'd have to predict the exact bottom otherwise if the market is slow you could still get you d-ck handed to you

debt collection - yep roaring trade but as a lot of these agencies take on the debt it doesnt always mean they will collect it

interest rates - yes i do believe they will go up but trading libor euibor and t bond takes a lot a cash and nerves of steel !

north london rent girl thanks for your insightful comments

i wish i could sell my property but i dont own one to sell :-(

i think the warrants are my best bet

i wish i could sell my property but i dont own one to sell :-(

i think the warrants are my best bet

Rather head over to DrBubbs website, he will have plenty of info on shorting Land and others...