House Price Crash Forum
brownbear

A Question Of Credibility

Is this forum being over-run by sad gits who don't get out enough?

Can HPC ever expect to be taken seriously when so many posters seem to live on planet tharg?

Should these people just sod off to a survivalist camp in Idaho?

Why bother with HPC at all? There is no serious debate and, while Lost is on telly, there won't be.

Can HPC ever expect to be taken seriously when so many posters seem to live on planet tharg?

Why bother with HPC at all? There is no serious debate and, while Lost is on telly, there won't be.

It's not just the lunatic conspiracy theories that spoil this site, or the rants against several groups who are believed to be conspiring against the younger generation. Just as deperate are the constant spin stories, that "guarantee" that the HPC will start within weeks, or that we're in the process of 20% annual falls.

When I first joined the forum I enjoyed reasoned debate about whether prices would fall or rise. All I seem to do these days is defend my generation against claims that we're all "conspiring to steal money from the young"

All I seem to do these days is defend my generation against claims that we're all "conspiring to steal money from the young"

Must be tricky :ph34r:

You and CO - you're like a comedy duo. Do you both work in the same EA? :rolleyes:

You and CO - you're like a comedy duo. Do you both work in the same EA? :rolleyes:

No I just live on planet Earth, and i'm fed up to the back teeth reading idiotic posts that are ignorant, ill-informed and damage any remaining credibility left here.

The last straw are the morons claiming murder conspiracies. This really is too pathetic for words.

Yeah, if you like (yawn). Obviously everyone who doesn't fit in with the lunatic fringe must be an estate agent, after all.

Now let's get back to finding someone to blame for the fact that you can't afford a house.

Anyone will do - so long as it's not yourself.

No I just live on planet Earth, and i'm fed up to the back teeth reading idiotic posts that are ignorant, ill-informed and damage any remaining credibility left here.

The last straw are the morons claiming murder conspiracies. This really is too pathetic for words.

The Nulabour butt kisser doth protest too much, methinks..... :rolleyes:

Clearly you are a government operative...

Yeah, if you like (yawn). Obviously everyone who doesn't fit in with the lunatic fringe must be an estate agent, after all.

Now let's get back to finding someone to blame for the fact that you can't afford a house.

Anyone will do - so long as it's not yourself.

You daft bugger!

Not half as daft as someone who refers to everyone who doesn't toe the party line an estate agent

Lol! You're certainly making me laugh this afternoon CO! :lol::rolleyes::lol:

Lol! You're certainly making me laugh this afternoon CO! :lol::rolleyes::lol:

I've had a bit of fun myself, and probably won a few recruits to the forum, to boot. One guy in the office is pi55ing himself laughing at some of the stuff on here.

Is there a new recruit bounty?

Guest Bart of Darkness

my guess is 15 minutes before this gets moved to "abouthpc"

Probably 10 minutes now.

Guest Bart of Darkness
I don't understand this forum "credibility" thing.

brownbear and CO seem to losing sleep over it.

Are they site mods in disguise?

The psudo-anarchic-tin-foil-hat-che-guevara-wanabees-united-popular-revolutionary-front-of-inane-nonactivity put me off long ago. Just select your posters carefully.

And yes before you say anything I am a baby-booming estate agent with a crush on Kirsty, 72 BTL's and work for the Government in the ministry of subsonic soundbites (we play inaudible slogans in public lavs in shopping centres that make you buy plama tellies and 4 wheel drives)

I don't understand this forum "credibility" thing.

Why does a disparate collection of random posters need credibility? The nature of the web is that an eskimo could post, and assume that all houses melt by Thursday and are worthless. We'll never know his assumptions.

This is all a bit of fun, as we are tossed like corks in the giant tsunamis of life. I love it.

Well let me give you an example. When I first looked at the forum (the original one in 2003? the vast majority of postrs were credible i.e. they put forward views you could either accept or argue sensibly against. Hence I joined, and so did many many others. The forum stood the chance of being read by politicians and policy makers and it may have influenced them in Bears' favour, in some way

If I were looking for the first time now, I would dismiss it as a bit of a crank forum, and so, I suspect, would most others.

That's why it's important.

That

The psudo-anarchic-tin-foil-hat-che-guevara-wanabees-united-popular-revolutionary-front-of-inane-nonactivity put me off long ago. Just select your posters carefully.

And yes before you say anything I am a baby-booming estate agent with a crush on Kirsty, 72 BTL's and work for the Government in the ministry of subsonic soundbites (we play inaudible slogans in public lavs in shopping centres that make you buy plama tellies and 4 wheel drives)

Awooogah! You're also a sheeple!

(Or how ever they spell it!)

brownbear and CO seem to losing sleep over it.

Nonsense, I'm always awake at this time of day!

There have always been a selection of lunatics on here.

However, I actually enjoy reading the 'meltdown', 'conspiracy', 'them and us', and the 'I want I house because I deserve it' posts. These (delusional) posters often make me smile which is a GOOD THING in my book.

Hint: It's been a while since we've had a good 'Mad Max' or 'Bladerunner' thread about the shape of things to come... :)

The forum stood the chance of being read by politicians and policy makers and it may have influenced them in Bears' favour, in some way

That's a very niaive statement and not at all how politics works!

That's a very niaive statement and not at all how politics works!

Not at all naive. I've seen reference to HPC and its views quoted in economic articles in the broadsheets that may well have been read by decision makers, and influenced them in some small way.

Would you rather they read about how Gordon Brown had a hawk on the MPC killed?

Anyway, what's this, another conspiracy theory? Politicians never listen to people's views?

Edited by Casual Observer

Why not start your own, where you describe a future of steadily increasing prosperity, green but more oil, harmony and multicultural, religious, yet secular, wealth and equality, as crime drops to nothing and houses tend to a value (everyone, of course, an owner-occupier, but sufficient renters to pay for everyone's pension) so near inifinity that it is impossible (mathematically) to differentiate between them, thereby revealing a very Heaven on Earth.

That sounds too boring. Anyway, that world already exists if you are prepared to part with maybe £350k in most parts of the UK.

Simply avoid visiting chav areas in your 'executive' 4x4 and the illusion is complete...

bee bo....bee bo..... :blink:

"Enhanced reality" that is seeing (*starving chavs yelling abuse*) as (*cute, young women flashing their eyes*), while your defence robots hold them off is the future for the wealthy.

I hope to:

1) either have the $$$ entrance ticket, or

2) become an enlightened Christ-like figure happy to be kicked to death whilst loving those who "know not what they do".

There will be no need for defence robots. Simply send out a coded signal to the relevant chavs (all on a database) where it is decoded by an implant in their heads which injects intense pain signals to their brains until they return to their tenements...

The good news is they will be able to obtain 'pleasure' signals too, but only if they behave and work hard (and pay the rent on time).