HOLA441

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1804022,00.html

City mourns and pays tribute to rate-setter

· Death at 43 of Bank of England economist

· MPC loses single advocate of higher borrowing costs

Katie Allen and Larry Elliott

Friday June 23, 2006

The Guardian

Mervyn King and Gordon Brown led the tributes last night to David Walton, a member of the Bank of England's monetary policy committee, who has died suddenly after a short illness.

The Bank said Mr Walton, 43, died
unexpectedly
on Wednesday evening. He first complained to colleagues of feeling unwell on Monday and is understood to have suffered from
kidney failure

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/65/72...0000_0000_nd_01

Kidney Failure

There are two general categories of kidney failure: acute and chronic. In acute kidney failure, the kidneys suddenly lose much of their ability to filter blood, often because of an injury, serious damage to the kidneys or other organs, or exposure to a toxin (poison).

As far as we know, David did not suffer any serious injury that might have caused his sudden death. That leaves....... :o

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1804022,00.html

City mourns and pays tribute to rate-setter

· Death at 43 of Bank of England economist

· MPC loses single advocate of higher borrowing costs

Katie Allen and Larry Elliott

Friday June 23, 2006

The Guardian

Mervyn King and Gordon Brown led the tributes last night to David Walton, a member of the Bank of England's monetary policy committee, who has died suddenly after a short illness.

The Bank said Mr Walton, 43, died
unexpectedly
on Wednesday evening. He first complained to colleagues of feeling unwell on Monday and is understood to have suffered from
kidney failure

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/65/72...0000_0000_nd_01

Kidney Failure

There are two general categories of kidney failure: acute and chronic. In acute kidney failure, the kidneys suddenly lose much of their ability to filter blood, often because of an injury, serious damage to the kidneys or other organs, or exposure to a toxin (poison).

As far as we know, David di not suffer any serious injury that might have caused his sudden death. That leaves....... :o

Blimey! Well, if the story dies a death as sudden as Walton's I guess we'll be closer to knowing.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

As far as we know, David di not suffer any serious injury that might have caused his sudden death. That leaves....... :o

I happen to know, from a colleague who has previously worked with David Walton, that he had suffered from Leukaemia some years ago. I have no idea how this affects the kidney's but i think you are suggesting a conspiracy too far IMO.

HOLA447
HOLA448

I happen to know, from a colleague who has previously worked with David Walton, that he had suffered from Leukaemia some years ago. I have no idea how this affects the kidney's but i think you are suggesting a conspiracy too far IMO.

List of possible causes:

Pre-renal causes:

hypovolaemia, for example acute haemorrhage, burns

circulatory failure - heart failure or shock

Renal causes:

acute tubular nephropathy, for example ischaemic acute tubular necrosis

acute interstitial nephropathy, for example in ascending urinary tract infection

acute glomerulonephritis - Goodpasture's syndrome

haemolytic uraemic syndrome

drugs - cytotoxics such as cisplatin or streptozotocin, aminoglycosides such as gentamicin, tetracyclines, NSAIDs, ACE-inhibitors

malignant hypertension

following blood transfusion

multiple myeloma

hepatorenal syndrome

Post renal causes:

obstructive lesions like stones, prostatic hypertrophy, congenital obstructive disorders

HOLA449

Does anyone here seriously believe he was murdered because he voted for an interest rate rise?

Can we have a reality check please.

I think your suspicions are well founded. Everthing is pointing towards a plot.

HOLA4410

Does anyone here seriously believe he was murdered because he voted for an interest rate rise?

Can we have a reality check please.

The trouble with conspiracy theories is that they lend themselves to being rejected outright in favour of 'reality' when 'reality' is unidentifiable. That's why I'm no fan of conspiracy theories but I also view the pursuit of a notion of 'reality' as niaive, despite doing that myself sometimes. The fact is, we don't know it all - whatever the issue.

The bottom line is that it's very sad that a man so young has died so suddenly. His family must be devastated.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

i think some people on here are too paranoid for their own good.

I've an idea dog was joking, deliberately misinterpreting devslim's post as being the paranoid one. Cos of the wording, it was kind of funny.

I'm absolutely sure no-one here is deranged enough to really suspect foul play.

HOLA4414

A thread of messages that encapsulates all that is wrong with this site at the moment.

Drivel about an irrelevance.

I trust his family are getting the support they need to get through this appalling time for them. Nothing else matters.

HOLA4415

I've an idea dog was joking, deliberately misinterpreting devslim's post as being the paranoid one. Cos of the wording, it was kind of funny.

ooops - difficult to tell round here these days!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Stick around, you may change your view.

Amongst the list of enemies who have conspired to price FTBs out, or generally do youngsters down, (according to some of our resident nutcases) are:

Old people

Baby boomers who voted all their lives to steal from their neighbours (that's an actual quote)

The media (for some strange reason they spell it meedja on here)

BTLers

The government

all political parties

immigrants

people who work in the public sector

EAs

Building societies

banks

The MPC

"Sheeple"

People who want to sell their houses to emigrate

I'm sure I could think of others. Are there any other groups we could blame for high house prices, and the general misfortune of our beleagured youngsters?

HOLA4418

List of possible causes:

Pre-renal causes:

hypovolaemia, for example acute haemorrhage, burns

circulatory failure - heart failure or shock

Renal causes:

acute tubular nephropathy, for example ischaemic acute tubular necrosis

acute interstitial nephropathy, for example in ascending urinary tract infection

acute glomerulonephritis - Goodpasture's syndrome

haemolytic uraemic syndrome

drugs - cytotoxics such as cisplatin or streptozotocin, aminoglycosides such as gentamicin, tetracyclines, NSAIDs, ACE-inhibitors

malignant hypertension

following blood transfusion

multiple myeloma

hepatorenal syndrome

Post renal causes:

obstructive lesions like stones, prostatic hypertrophy, congenital obstructive disorders

David died suddenly and unexpectedly. Acute failure as opposed to chronic which many of the above would suggest.

HOLA4419

It's no leap of faith to believe he was bumped off if you follow the logic of many on this site. I have seen threads where Gordon Brown is personally held responsible from everything from north sea oil running out to the drought in the south east.

Like some evil Moriarti-style figure he is always there pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Of course its complete nonsense. If Brown wants control of interest rates, why give his powers to set them to the BoE MPC in 1997? Surely it would have been easier than arranging for hawks to be clandestinely poisoned?

Many people who are on the receiving end of the economy seek out a convenient figure to demonize, and Brown fits the bill.

HOLA4420

Stick around, you may change your view...........

Are there any other groups we could blame for high house prices, and the general misfortune of our beleagured youngsters?

The youngsters themselves? Too stupid to realise that going to University when you're stupid is no guarantee of a highly paid executive job?

HOLA4421

The youngsters themselves? Too stupid to realise that going to University when you're stupid is no guarantee of a highly paid executive job?

Steve, I'm glad you came up with that one. And most BTLers I know are youngsters (under 35, from my perspective!) who think property speculation is easier than working for a living.

HOLA4422

Amongst the list of enemies who have conspired to price FTBs out, or generally do youngsters down, (according to some of our resident nutcases) are:

To be honest, CO I actually am coming to agree with you.

The views expressed on this site have just become steadily more and more ridiculous.

Like I said on my rant post on another thread, they could have engineered the man out of the position by all sorts of means BEFORE State murder, for Christ sake.

This forum used to be reasonably good, but now it's full of f**king cranks.

HOLA4423

With NuLab in power, I honestly don't know what to think.

Would Brown bump off one guy to get the keys to Number 10? Who knows: people have done worse for that kind of power in the past.

If Brown wants control of interest rates, why give his powers to set them to the BoE MPC in 1997?

a) because he needed to 'prove' that Labour were serious about the economy, and making the BoE 'independent' while retaining control of the stats they use to determine interest rates was an easy way to do that.

B) because it gives him a convenient scapegoat to blame for interest rate changes.

HOLA4424

It's no leap of faith to believe he was bumped off if you follow the logic of many on this site. I have seen threads where Gordon Brown is personally held responsible from everything from north sea oil running out to the drought in the south east.

Like some evil Moriarti-style figure he is always there pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Of course its complete nonsense. If Brown wants control of interest rates, why give his powers to set them to the BoE MPC in 1997? Surely it would have been easier than arranging for hawks to be clandestinely poisoned?

Many people who are on the receiving end of the economy seek out a convenient figure to demonize, and Brown fits the bill.

He didn't give any power to the MPC in 1997:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jh...06/23/ixop.html

Chancellor is pulling the Bank's strings

By George Trefgarne

(Filed: 23/06/2006)

You could tell there are differences between Gordon Brown and Mervyn King, the Governor of the Bank of England, just by looking at them at the Mansion House on Wednesday night.
Mr Brown likes to trumpet "the independence" of the Bank, but in reality he still tries to control it through his power of patronage. Four of the nine members of the MPC are appointed directly by him. And another three - the Governor and the two deputy governors - are technically appointed by the Queen, on the advice of the Prime Minister (which, one assumes, means Mr Brown). And now Mr Walton is gone, there are not just one, but two, vacancies. For some reason, Mr Brown has dithered when it comes to finding the replacement for Richard Lambert, the Labour-supporting ex-editor of the Financial Times, who left the MPC three months ago.
The danger is that the Chancellor will choose a couple of cronies, who will shy away from criticising his public spending boom and his tax rises, parrot his fiction that inflation is the lowest since Nelson's time, and vote to keep interest rates artificially low. Such candidates might usher in a Brown premiership, but would presage dangerous risks with house prices and the highly indebted economy.

HOLA4425

A thread of messages that encapsulates all that is wrong with this site at the moment.

Drivel about an irrelevance.

I trust his family are getting the support they need to get through this appalling time for them. Nothing else matters.

I completely agree - it's disgraceful (and ludicrous) to be putting about all this conspiracy nonsense. Thanks for saying that Steve.

(Not sure if I'm allowed to post since I moved to the other place...)

Edit - Ah - see I am, but on moderator approval or time delay or something, so the post only comes up belatedly. Don't worry, I won't be here often, but this conspiracy nonsense is riling me).

Archived