House Price Crash Forum
I Told You So

Bank Says Mpc's Walton Dies

The death of David Walton is absolutely fantastic news because he was the MPC member who voted for a rise in interest rates and now that he has departed this mortal coil this means that interest rates are not likely to rise this year and will remain on hold for much longer than if he had stayed alive.

This is fantastic news for homeowners since the death of David Walton means that interest rates will no longer rise this year which means that house prices will continue to rise throughout this year and the next.

The death of David Walton is absolutely fantastic news because he was the MPC member who voted for a rise in interest rates and now that he has departed this mortal coil this means that interest rates are not likely to rise this year and will remain on hold for much longer than if he had stayed alive.

This is fantastic news for homeowners since the death of David Walton means that interest rates will no longer rise this year which means that house prices will continue to rise throughout this year and the next.

Your mother must be very proud of a sick **** like you.

You sick ******.

Guest The_Oldie
"All our thoughts are with David's wife, his young children and his parents," said Mervyn King, Governor of the Bank of England, in a statement.

I'm certain that the vast majority of members here are in agreement with Mr King's sentiments.

The death of anyone is not Fantastic news you sick c***!

If this is your standard and the quality (lack of) then moderators. Ban this pig!

[Moderator: jonathan trees is now permanently banned from the forums]

Guest The_Oldie

To the moderators:

Please give serious consideration to revoking 'jonathan trees' right to post.

If you feel unable to do this because 'free speech' is more important than 'basic moral decency' then please remove my account instead.

See my edit in the above post. "jonathan trees is now permanently banned from the forums"

They will not rise all the time Gordon in Chancellor. They can't because it will spell the end of the Miracle Economy and the borrowing that that made it all possible.

Inflation is rising, that is a given. Gordon has said 2% is the tolerance leve. The rate is now 2.2% suggesting that Gordon should raise the rates. As he cannot raise the rates AND be PM he must move the goals posts. Perhaps to 2.5% and later to 3% as inflation rises.

It will not make any difference to the econmic cycle as it will simply build in more pressures to make the downside that much more severe. Gordon cannot beat the market. No one can.

No one knows why Walton died yet. It does look suspicious and it may scare other MPC members into towing the political line but who really knows. You can probably count on fewer speeches from Mervyn that the road ahead is rocky as you never can tell where lightning is going to strike next. Gordon's ascendancy to No. 10 relies on things looking rosy and IR hikes are bad news for that which made Gordon's mircale possible: cheap credit.

Edited by Realistbear

I read the post as satire on the way MEWers etc will take the news, rather than at face value. People on a forum that is generally pretty scathing and insulting of others that disagree with thier views shouldn't be running to the high moral ground at the first available opportunity.

Red said (on another thread - "looks like we've lost an ally..."

I personally think that is more offensive than what Jonathon Trees wrote, as I think JT was satire on the sort of post that Red made.

I'd reinstate JT and ban Red. But then maybe Red was being satirical? Who knows? The dangers of censorship, for sure.

Yeah, put J Trees back Oldie. It sounded like satire to me too. Besides, I'm sure somebody could add his blunder to their signature to permantely discredit him if they so wanted.

I can understand ianbe: Walton has a wife and young family. They will be devastated: he was only 43.

But my view is that JT was just trying to highlight how peoples' minds work. Yes it was bad taste. Yes insensitive. But hardly a crime.

Edited by Sledgehead

Guest Alright Jack

Bank says MPC's Walton dies

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/newsArticl...RITAIN-BANK.xml

Makes you realise what a sick world we live in Short Sterling has rallied probably on this news.

hang on a minute here. how can the 'world' be sick because you think there is a likelihood of a certain economic event. you are preempting that the 'world' is sick based on your own reaction... surely this means you're the sick one?

It sounded like satire to me too.

I'm happy to see all trolls banned, even if they are upfront about being trolls (with a troll avatar and 'Trolls' member group to boot).

Anyway, RIP David Walton :(

It really does look very suspicious indeed.

No - Jonathan Trees has completely overstepped the mark - he should not be allowed to post. Conspiracy theorists out there, chill out. No chance. None.

No one knows why Walton died yet. It does look suspicious and it may scare other MPC members into towing the political line but who really knows. You can probably count on fewer speeches from Mervyn that the road ahead is rocky as you never can tell where lightning is going to strike next.

Are you suggesting that he could have been murdered!!!! :lol:

I was 100% behind a property crash only 12 months ago untill i woke up, i am now 50/50. It's statements like this that make HPC hard to take seriously

No one knows why Walton died yet. It does look suspicious and it may scare other MPC members into towing the political line but who really knows. You can probably count on fewer speeches from Mervyn that the road ahead is rocky as you never can tell where lightning is going to strike next.

Are you suggesting that he could have been murdered!!!! :lol:

I was 100% behind a property crash only 12 months ago untill i woke up, i am now 50/50. It's statements like this that make HPC hard to take seriously

No, not really "murdered" in the criminal sense of that word. But pressure can do strange things to gentleman at around our friend Walton's age. Perhaps he was sent to Coventry or had some other kind of shunning going on due to his vote. Could Gordon have threatened him that he would be spending more time with his family if he voted for a hike again? Pressures could have been subtle but just as telling on the health.

Anyone remember when the Vatican's banker was greased and they found him hanging upside down under London Bridge? That was a mafia hit as the poor fellow was about to go public on how the Vatican have investments in unsavoury places. The Pope died mysteriously and no autopsy was permitted. Some think one of the Sisters who made his night time Cocoa slipped something tinto the cup and we woke up brown bread. Godafther III aluded to the story mixing a little fact in with the fiction. When big money is at stake it is not unusual to see decision makers have accidents or die at a young age.

Edited by Realistbear

Please do not feed the troll.

JT's comments are completely inappropriate. A man of 43 has died. The effect on his children will be devastating, his wife widowed and left to hold the family together and awful for his parents to see their own son die - to find a positive aspect out of his death is disgusting. To try and suggest that it is satire is a poor attempt to excuse this disgraceful remark. I can only conclude that JT enjoys making shocking statements knowing that it will get a reaction from people.

JT's comments are completely inappropriate. A man of 43 has died. The effect on his children will be devastating, his wife widowed and left to hold the family together and awful for his parents to see their own son die - to find a positive aspect out of his death is disgusting. To try and suggest that it is satire is a poor attempt to excuse this disgraceful remark. I can only conclude that JT enjoys making shocking statements knowing that it will get a reaction from people.

I agree that it is a tragic thing indeed for one so young to die. It is odd that all they say about it was that it was a "short illness." I would hope that they issue a full statement at an appropriate time as the conspiracy theories are mushrooming.

IT would be a nice gesture if everyone on HPC contributed to a bouquet to say thanks for standing up for what is right. A true servant of the country's interests without regard to political pressure or expediency. I am sad to see a man of integrity like that go and in such tragic circumstances with a family left behind.