Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Ian Worthington

Taxation Of Foreign-earned Income

Recommended Posts

If you are classed as UK resident for tax purposes then all your income, regardless of where earned and whether or not you repatriate, it should be declared on your tax return.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Inland Revenue:


Especially section "Earned income arising outside the UK", but you may want to read other parts of the document.

It is a bit long, but it is the IR, so it should be correct.

If you are resident, ordinary resident, and domiciled in the UK you should declare all your income. In those circumstances, it would not make a difference where the income was earned or whether or not you brought it back to UK. However, it would make a difference in other circumstances.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 334 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?

      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.