House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
enworb

Every Time I See A Place I Like

Take a look at the following link http://www.findaproperty.com/agent.aspx?ag...33&opt=list

This has been typical of the last couple of years.... when most of you expected asking prices to be lowered significantly before a sale is likely.

I can't guarantee that the vendors are getting the asking price but at the moment there seems to be no sign of house price worries in my home town.

Despite the bad reputation of Slough, I can't help feeling that it's close enough to the city to entice Londoners to a place far more affordable.It's proving to be a pain in the backside for me because I would now like to buy a bigger house. Don't even bother to say I should wait for hpc because I can't see it happening here.

Take a look at the following link http://www.findaproperty.com/agent.aspx?ag...33&opt=list

This has been typical of the last couple of years.... when most of you expected asking prices to be lowered significantly before a sale is likely.

I can't guarantee that the vendors are getting the asking price but at the moment there seems to be no sign of house price worries in my home town.

Despite the bad reputation of Slough, I can't help feeling that it's close enough to the city to entice Londoners to a place far more affordable.It's proving to be a pain in the backside for me because I would now like to buy a bigger house. Don't even bother to say I should wait for hpc because I can't see it happening here.

The link you posted is no difefrent to most estate agents where I am - they all keep the "sold" and "sale agreed" on for ages. Some agents put "sold" when in fact they have lost the property (ie another agent is trying to sell it). There is a place round my way which has said "sale agreed" for a year and it still does and now it's up for sale with another agent.

The link you posted is no difefrent to most estate agents where I am - they all keep the "sold" and "sale agreed" on for ages. Some agents put "sold" when in fact they have lost the property (ie another agent is trying to sell it). There is a place round my way which has said "sale agreed" for a year and it still does and now it's up for sale with another agent.

I regularly read the local property newspaper and apart from the odd overpriced property, most of them are quite recent.

The properties that interest me in terms of type and location don't hang around very long and the EA's don't need to leave SOLD boards up or leave the advert on the web because the Castleview area of Slough is the most sought after.

Asking prices are always consisitant in the area unless they need modernising. My only hope of affording to live there is to buy a house in need of work and to beat everyone else to it.

http://www.home.co.uk/guides/house_prices_...lough&all=1

looks like flat prices have been sliding, along with transaction quantities

Cheers for the link. Long term, I still fore-see a gradual rise particularly in the sought after locations.

North of the town has gone a bit crazy in that homeowners are initially asking far too much for their houses and then reducing consideralbly to actually sell them.

I remember the rush for properties back in the late eighties. 'Get on the ladder now, property'll never come down in price!" they called.

About 7 years later, I knew heaps of people in negative equity and picked up a 1 bed flat in Islington for 54K and there were DOZENS of them around. Property had become a dirty word... <_<