House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Frustrated&infuriated

What Exactly Do They Mean By......

What do estate agents mean what they put "Guide Price" on a set of particulars, as opposed to 'asking price', "offers in region/excess of "etc?

I put in an offer of £379,000 for a house advertised as "Guide Price £399,950", only to be told by the snotty agent that the vendor would in no way move an inch from £399,950.

?????????????????

I put in an offer of £379,000 for a house advertised as "Guide Price £399,950", only to be told by the snotty agent that the vendor would in no way move an inch from £399,950.

?????????????????

It is possible the vendor instructed the agent that they were not interested in offers under that amount, in which case the agent is not legally bound to pass offers under that amount on.

it means that hips will be a wake up call, expensive houses seem to be on the market for years and years, never sell but the price is always going up, aspirational pricing? Are there enough millionaires in the world to buy all these properties?

Edited by moosetea

What do estate agents mean what they put "Guide Price" on a set of particulars, as opposed to 'asking price', "offers in region/excess of "etc?

?????????????????

i would have thought that the words 'guide price' were self explanatory...?

?????????????????

If you think the offer has not been passed on, why don't you put it into writing and post it to the vendor directly? Be polite, justify your offer, and say get back to me if you are interested.

If they haven't sold in 6 months or so (quite likely) they may dig out your offer... you then obviously reduce your offer and wait another 6 months... :lol: