House Price Crash Forum
mercsl

Immigration 'behind Homes Crisis'

Incompetence on such a scale is hard to believe."

Not with Labour it isn't.

<_<

So having been in power for 9 years and not really achieved much apart from running the country into large amounts of debt, giving the BNP a hand up, poor productivity rates and ruining our pensions will the UK be daft enough to vote for them next time round?

I actually heard David Davis state they the Tories would can the Id card scheme. Blimey, are they actually getting it now?

:huh:

Problem, Reaction, Solution

The want us all to carry ID cards in preparation for us all to be chipped so they create the problem by letting anyone and everyone in, then we react and then they come up with the miracle solution of ID cards.

If only 120k have been allowed in during the past few years then they must all follow me around the country as you can see with your own eyes that towns are becoming flooded at a ever faster rate and it’s so bad that places like Leicester the british voters is now all but out numbered by the immigrants and it seems like only yesterday they were telling the folks of Leicester that the immigrants only made up ten percent of Leicesters population, this is being repeated up and down the country so be warned and act now unless you want to be in a minority in your own country.

Edited by Justice

Problem, Reaction, Solution

The want us all to carry ID cards in preparation for us all to be chipped so they create the problem by letting anyone and everyone in, then we react and then they come up with the miracle solution of ID cards.

ID cards will have RFID chips in so you don't have to take it out of your pocket to have it scanned.

Immigration is essential to make Gordon's "Miracle Economy" work. Spending as a stimulus to the economy must be driven by something. HPI and MEW are the vehicles behind the notional wealth that the UK has enjoyed since 1997. Massive amounts of borrowing would not have been possible without HPI as MEW depends on house prices increasing. As HPI cannot continue indefinitley without outside stimulus in the form of demand for goods or immigration the Miracle Economy would collapse.

The Miracle Economy has stifled manufacturing as it is too expensive to make goods in this country due to high cost of living (house prices and debt) and international competitiveness. Low wages make cheaper goods and cheaper goods sell more than expensive goods.

Immigration is the outside stimulus to keep HPI and MEW rolling along. The demand side of the equation is kept fed with more people needing a place to live while the supply side is allowed to dwindle keeping prices high.

Gordon's plan did sound like a Miracle for several years as HPI continued but like all plans there is a flaw. HPI has gone beyond the ability of the country to afford the prices without dependence on outside stimulus in the form of cheap Asian credit. The cheap credit is going away as the world tightens to prevent inflation which HPI and MEW caused in the first place. Its equilibrium at work and something which Brown should have seen when he planned his inflation of the house market to stimulate spending and the economy.

No Nobel prize for economics I am afraid Mr. Brown.

Conservative home affairs spokesman David Davis said: "This shows the consequences - which could be felt for a generation - of Labour's wholly uncontrolled immigration policy.
"For immigration to act as a benefit to the nation, it is vital the government carry it out in a controlled manner, taking into account its impact on housing and public services."

If David "Scotty" Cameron picks this up as an issue for the next GE its game set and match for the NUTories. I already wrote to my MP along the lines of the BBC report. There is fear of "racism" from the PC crowd but the people are speaking and NuLabour is not listening.

If David "Scotty" Cameron picks this up as an issue for the next GE its game set and match for the NUTories. I already wrote to my MP along the lines of the BBC report. There is fear of "racism" from the PC crowd but the people are speaking and NuLabour is not listening.

Yes, they tried it before and Labour got the better of them. May be the publics appetite for NuLabour will wane to the degree that enough is enough.

Having thought about it, I wonder if Labours stratgey of pinching Tory policies is backfiring? I reckon because they have been used to doing it for so long, they actually haven't thought about what certain policies involve and how they are implemented.

<_<

I personally think they are devoid of ideas, the weekly drip of incompetence shows that they do not have a well thought out plan or strategy.

All IMO, of course.

;)

If only 120k have been allowed in during the past few years then they must all follow me around the country as you can see with your own eyes that towns are becoming flooded at a ever faster rate and it’s so bad that places like Leicester the british voters is now all but out numbered by the immigrants and it seems like only yesterday they were telling the folks of Leicester that the immigrants only made up ten percent of Leicesters population, this is being repeated up and down the country so be warned and act now unless you want to be in a minority in your own country.

Yeah but no but yeah. Drool case.

Immigrants benefit London!

My wife and I came to the UK from Austria in 2000 and bought a nice 3 bed property in North London in spring 2004. It is a home to us (for a few years), and we decorated and refurbished it completely. It feels nice and pleasant every time we come home - no comparision to the place we rented before. It is also an investment as we do not want to remain on this crowded, rainy island "forever". We are here for professional reasons. We are pleased that since we bought HPI in our area (+12% in 2 years) has been far greater than in Austria (virtually no increase) where we intend to buy in a few years time. It is quite likely that we will sell or let our property to immigrants after we leave as there are so many of them here, and more will come. I think immigrants benefit London culturally and economically, and they benefit also us as they are potential buyers or tenants for our property allowing us to move on to live in a country where we can have a higher quality of life (at the price of a lower salary- there we won't get €100k+ a year for what we do here now). It is just a shame that we did not buy back in 2000 - at that time we listened to property bears in our company and we were also not yet so financially secure.

My wife and I came to the UK from Austria in 2000 and bought a nice 3 bed property in North London in spring 2004. It is a home to us (for a few years), and we decorated and refurbished it completely. It feels nice and pleasant every time we come home - no comparision to the place we rented before. It is also an investment as we do not want to remain on this crowded, rainy island "forever". We are here for professional reasons. We are pleased that since we bought HPI in our area (+12% in 2 years) has been far greater than in Austria (virtually no increase) where we intend to buy in a few years time. It is quite likely that we will sell or let our property to immigrants after we leave as there are so many of them here, and more will come. I think immigrants benefit London culturally and economically, and they benefit also us as they are potential buyers or tenants for our property allowing us to move on to live in a country where we can have a higher quality of life (at the price of a lower salary- there we won't get €100k+ a year for what we do here now). It is just a shame that we did not buy back in 2000 - at that time we listened to property bears in our company and we were also not yet so financially secure.

Fortunately for Austria, and Germany for that matter, there is very little HPI as the economy does well wiothout inflating house prices. The reason why the UK is a Boom & Bust economy is because it relies on debt driven inflation which in turn stimulates the economy by increasing spending. The Bust comes when the limits of debt are reached and it appeares that the stresses in the economy are emerging right about now in the form of increasing unemployment, manufacturing disappearing abroad, bankruptcy and repossession rates increasing and rising inflation. With a Chancellor who activley encourages inflation in house prices it is little wonder that the UK is characterised by boom and bust. We have just had the boom.

Fortunately for Austria, and Germany for that matter, there is very little HPI as the economy does well wiothout inflating house prices. The reason why the UK is a Boom & Bust economy is because it relies on debt driven inflation which in turn stimulates the economy by increasing spending. The Bust comes when the limits of debt are reached and it appeares that the stresses in the economy are emerging right about now in the form of increasing unemployment, manufacturing disappearing abroad, bankruptcy and repossession rates increasing and rising inflation. With a Chancellor who activley encourages inflation in house prices it is little wonder that the UK is characterised by boom and bust. We have just had the boom.

A very good post :)

Can you please change the misleading title of your post to "Immigrants benefit immigrant" - thankyou.

I care nothing for your compulsory cultural benefit. My standard of living is now much worse than it was. You give me nothing whatsoever.

Edited by Als

ID cards will have RFID chips in so you don't have to take it out of your pocket to have it scanned.

Yes but i can take it out my pocket and leave it at home but once implated i'm stuffed.

ID cards will lead to implants as goverments is trying any thing to control the people so i just hope the sheeple wake up and take control of thire own lives, we don't need this type of control and it will make us all slaves

they lied to us about WND and they lied to us about 9/11

Edited by Justice

I care nothing for your compulsory cultural benefit. My standard of living is now much worse than it was. You give me nothing whatsoever.

I personally think that without foreigners this country would be a total sh*thole.

I personally think that all these foreigners are turning this country into a total sh*thole.

HELP ME I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE!!!>!^^%*^%

Quite.

Perhaps he can take them all back with him to "culturally enrich" Vienna?

What is funny is that the Austrians are very big on not liking immigration themselves.

However, seriously, immigration of folks of the anglosphere (and Austria is still culturally part thereof) is not such a problem in as that the manners and outlooks ae similiar enough for there to be enough cohesion to fit socially. Lion speaks quite good english and also, it looks like he is one of us in the sense that we are the people who finance this country -- I doubt whether he is eligible for taxcredits.

What is not good is the ongoing import of foreign chavs who breed in proliferation, and get dole money to do so. That said, this is as bad for the actual chavs as it is for society, those people are literally left to fester in ignorance and poverty. And by not ensuring that people assimilate, we're laying the foundation of Britain turning into Yugoslavia at some point in the future. The Brits already have a haggis equator that hasn't vanished in a few hundred years of multicultural unity, what do you think the chances are that the very alien cultures that are now settleing here will join, instead of displace, as they are doing now...

Are you for real? So you've benefitted this country by buying up a house with no intention of staying in this 'crowded, rainy island'! I don't think you really benefit anyone but yourself, which is fair enough but don't try to dress it up because to some people you might sound like some perfidious parasite.

One in 10 of the population of Southampton are Poles. 5 coach loads of arrive in the centre per week. Serious stress on housing, hospitals and schools, to say nothing of the increase in congestion. Most of these newcomers intend to stay. More new states to join the european club on 1 Jan 07. Nulabour will continue to pedal mistruth to conceal the numbers, as they have/are doing. What is the logical outcome?? I was at a posh country hotel in Bucks this weekend. 95% of the staff were Poles.

I see the government is denying that a population rising by 1m every 4-5 years isn't contributing to the housing crisis. Do we really have a government which thinks the more people that are added to the population has no relevance to the demand for housing?

You really couldn't make it up. How stupid do they think people are?

Edited by simon99

Are you for real? So you've benefitted this country by buying up a house with no intention of staying in this 'crowded, rainy island'! I don't think you really benefit anyone but yourself, which is fair enough but don't try to dress it up because to some people you might sound like some perfidious parasite.

Initially we planned to stay here only a year or two, so we rented. Then my wife finished her studies and got also a job in our company - so we decided to delay our return for a few more years, and buying seemed to be more sensible as we both wanted to have something that we could decorate as we liked it. We have probably not benefited you personally, but we certainly have contributed a lot to the success of our company (Our turnover and profit are both about 20% up this year). So we have benefited the shareholders of our company - who ultimately pay our wages (from which we pay a lot of taxes).

Our engagement, however, does not stop there: We have recently joined the "Street Hawks" - a revolutionary and exciting initiative, aimed at reflecting the clean and healthy street environment that our community deserves. Initially started in N18 and now extended, the Street Hawks scheme allows residents, businesses and the local Council to actively work together. We also joined the "Stop the War" movement, where we try to get Britain out of the illegal war in Iraq. We are also actively involved in initiatives to increase the acceptance of the EU in the UK and promote participation in the Euro and the Schengen countries.

Don´t get me wrong, I think the UK is a great country and London is a great city - otherwise we would not have been here since 2000. However, the lack of personal space and sun cannot be ignored. Luckily we have choice. It is not only the house prices that are crazy here - what annoys even more is how small and boxy average houses and gardens here are. An average house in Austria is a detached four bedroom house with about a quarter acre of garden (1000 m2). If I could have Austrian house quality and prices and Italian weather in London - I would happily stay here, because it is otherwise the greatest city in the world.

What is not good is the ongoing import of foreign chavs who breed in proliferation, and get dole money to do so.

Sadly it seems you are spot on. I know a Polish girl who came over here less than 2 years ago, got knocked up by an Ecuatorian who then did a runner, now she's got a council flat in a posh part of London and kiddie benefit etc etc. And she justifies this by saying that the Polish helped the English during the war :lol:

Why should we be paying to support these people?

Sadly it seems you are spot on. I know a Polish girl who came over here less than 2 years ago, got knocked up by an Ecuatorian who then did a runner, now she's got a council flat in a posh part of London and kiddie benefit etc etc. And she justifies this by saying that the Polish helped the English during the war :lol:

Why should we be paying to support these people?

Its time to ban housing benefit for everyone.

the Street Hawks scheme allows residents, businesses and the local Council to actively work together.

:lol:

We also joined the "Stop the War" movement, where we try to get Britain out of the illegal war in Iraq.

:lol::lol:

We are also actively involved in initiatives to increase the acceptance of the EU in the UK and promote participation in the Euro and the Schengen countries.

:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes: You may have noticed the proliferation of the St Georges cross being flown recently. Let me assure you of one thing, they aren't being flown just because of the football and they're not coming down after it.. europe can go and **** itself. We are not part of europe and never will be.

By the way London is an abomination and a sh1thole. It's just a pity it can't be scooped out of the ground and fired into the sun with all its passengers.

GB loves immigrants because they keep wages down (by undercutting the Britsh Working Class) allowing for more inflation.

More inflation requires more immigrants to peg wages down further.

Everything here is geared up for our contented, middle class, property-owning voting majority.