House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CrashConnoisseur

Independent: Landlords' Powers Over ' Yob' Tenants.

'Landlords' powers over 'yob' tenants':

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article1090186.ece

Landlords are to be given powers to force their tenants into attending parenting classes on how to control their children.

New government measures will mean that landlords will be able to apply for parenting orders which, if breached, could result in a jail sentence.

[...snip...]

Shami Chakrabati, the director of human rights campaign group Liberty, said: "It's bad enough that we keep mushrooming the number of coercive powers in this country. Now we are dishing these out to unaccountable and unqualified people."

Guest grumpy-old-man

'Landlords' powers over 'yob' tenants':

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article1090186.ece

oh yeah, I can see that law being enforced........no chance!

It always give me a laugh when they say you can recieve a jail sentence for these types of offences, but has anyone ever gone to jail....I bet not!

obviously unless it's some frail pensioner that hasn't paid their stupidly high council tax bill........off to prison for them then.....yeah, that's real justice isn't it.

sarcastic_mode_off :rolleyes:

ps - don't forget we will need to creat a new goverment department & a team of beaurocratic ar4eholes to manage this new "scheme" as well.

ps - don't forget we will need to creat a new goverment department & a team of beaurocratic ar4eholes to manage this new "scheme" as well.

In addition to which, policing yobbish behaviour is a job that the government should be doing, which they're now making individuals and companies do instead.

How long will it be until the government no longer does _anything_ of any value, yet still demands 50+% of our income in taxes? We can't be too far off that already.

Guest grumpy-old-man

In addition to which, policing yobbish behaviour is a job that the government should be doing, which they're now making individuals and companies do instead.

How long will it be until the government no longer does _anything_ of any value, yet still demands 50+% of our income in taxes? We can't be too far off that already.

too true MarkG,

the problem is there is no way back on this IMO......

culture.....what culture, it's nearly all been wiped out. I struggle to find anything nice to say about the UK anymore & it's a real shame as we have a lot of history, eroded away by a sh1te government in 10 years.

I'm totally speechless. This government is insane. I think people will have to stand up soon and say no to this government.

Gentlemen the way forward is revolt as the devil keeps trying to make his own rules in a loaded game. We the people should have a say on what new laws/rules are introduced and not told what rules we will play under by a load of corrupt profiteering politicians/Lawyers and a$$ licking civil servants.