House Price Crash Forum

Regulation Britain : Cost Of Living Going Higher

HOLA441

July 2006 : Lead based solder banned from all EU electronics. Cost in billions

Sept 2006 : children under 1.3m (most kids up to 12 ) will be forced to sit in special child seats in cars, cost per unit £250

June 2007 : Home Information packs, renewable every 12 months for any house being sold, cost £1000 per property.

Coming soon : plastic bags at supermarkets to cost 9p each

Anyone else want to add any indirect taxes / costs they've noticed coming in?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Not to mention the immense amount of cheap crud that is being manufactured nowadays. Another kettle went back to the shop today - the prevous plastic jobbies just buckled with heat, bits fell off or they broke, this "new" one, made of metal went kaput in 5 months. An appaling con game is on progress.

HOLA446

I love the car seat one.

Britax, Europes biggest manufacturer of child car seats had a few bad yeaars around th eturn of the millenium. Its ceo addressed the Road safaety Council in Mar 2001 urging them to push for mandatory child seats and to fall in line with the EU directive, which at that point already proposed special seating for children sub 1.3m (Al Paccino territory).

However, whinging Brits, who far prefer property kept selling the shares, so he took the company private in an MBO in Au 2001 for 440m. More whingingin still from backers and he was forced to let current villains of the hour, a private equity foim in the form of Carlyle group, pick up th ecompany in 2005 for a piddling 220m.

Now we are told Britax is employing 30% of its workers from Poland to meet the explosive demand created by the all too predictable EU legislation. So instead of BRITISH shareholder benefitting, American shareholders and Polish workers get to reap the rewards. We only hav eourselves to blame!

And that is how Britain is being f@cked over left right and centre. We attach no value to equities anymore. We would rather sell BAA to the Spanish and pay them to allow us passage thru their airports to go and maintain our empty Spanish holiday lets that they were only too keen to sell to us. They'll even lend us the money through a bank, Abbey, we used to own, , until we decided it was better to flog it to Banco santander.

Is that Irony or what?

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA447
HOLA448

no worries, i'll just take the shopping home in the trolley no need for plastic bags, then i'll take the trolley to my local scrap merchant and weight it in for some cash :lol:

And then you will moan that the supermarket has raised its prices to cover the cost of chavs stealing their trollies.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I knew this would be around somewhere on the web, but I've never actively gone and hunted it down, because I knew that reading it would probably just make me angry. Turns out I was correct - what a joke this measure is. Does the site have a breakdown of the individual items and how much % up or down theyve gone?

HOLA4416

July 2006 : Lead based solder banned from all EU electronics. Cost in billions

Sept 2006 : children under 1.3m (most kids up to 12 ) will be forced to sit in special child seats in cars, cost per unit £250

June 2007 : Home Information packs, renewable every 12 months for any house being sold, cost £1000 per property.

Coming soon : plastic bags at supermarkets to cost 9p each

Anyone else want to add any indirect taxes / costs they've noticed coming in?

"June 2007 : Home Information packs, renewable every 12 months for any house being sold, cost £1000 per property."

Sounds good to me.....

"Coming soon : plastic bags at supermarkets to cost 9p each"

Also sounds good to me.....

HOLA4417

I knew this would be around somewhere on the web, but I've never actively gone and hunted it down, because I knew that reading it would probably just make me angry. Turns out I was correct - what a joke this measure is. Does the site have a breakdown of the individual items and how much % up or down theyve gone?

The list is really very comprehensive.

The weighting is probably more important.

I think the reason that thing like massive increases in energy/public transport etc.. dont show is because they are drowned out by the other dross.

HOLA4418

CPI - hedonically adjusted, maladjusted ********.

Chuck in whatever makes the figures work, if the figures don't work then sling them out.

Addtion : Infants' trousers (eg jeans)

Note: Replaces infants' dunagrees due to some difficulties experienced in collecting prices.

Addition : Mobile phone handsets

Note: To represent the market for mobile phone purchase; previously represented by mobile phone call charges pending development of hedonic models for quality adjustment of mobile handset prices.