House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dpg50000

Daily Express Article Today - Ftb's Up To 12.5%

Article stated FTB's rose to 12.5% of the total last month, the market is bouyant and also that housebuilders expect new house prices to rise by 10% in the next year.

Article was, of course, quoting the NAEA (Nat. Ass. of Extreme Ar$eholes), but is the FTB figure correct? Certainly, the newbuild bit doesn't ring true up here in Preston - newbuilds are offering 5% deposit, carpets, stamp duty and legal fees paid.

I'm unfortunate enough to read this rag quite regularly (BHS do it for 10p with food and thats the most i'm willing to pay for a paper). Has a story every few days about how house prices are suging upward. They have made the front page a few times. I love the fact that it's reported like it's good news. It would be interesting to find out if the editor (or someone else there) has a vested interest in keeping the market a float. Sure seems like it to me. Almost smacks of desperation the number of stories they seem to run on the subject.

So prices have come down to where the number of FTBs able to buy has doubled eh?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Express and Rightmove have ZERO credibility in my view and their fantasy statistics will not prevent the business cycle from taking the usual boom and bust course.

So prices have come down to where the number of FTBs able to buy has doubled eh?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Express and Rightmove have ZERO credibility in my view and their fantasy statistics will not prevent the business cycle from taking the usual boom and bust course.

Have you lost weight RB? what's your secret?

What a pile of shite!!!!

Its laughable!!!

This is a great comment

NAEA members reported an average of 378 buyers on their books in May in comparison to just 68 properties for sale.

As my other half pointed out.. this could be read that 378 people do NOT want to buy their 68 shite propeties!!!!

:)

TB

If there are so many buyers then why is the EA "negotiator" that told me a few months back that they couldn't get new property fast enough, all of a sudden calling me every week to see if I'm still looking for a house. Seems to me that they might have been selling STC and the chains have fallen through.

What a pile of shite!!!!

Its laughable!!!

This is a great comment

As my other half pointed out.. this could be read that 378 people do NOT want to buy their 68 shite propeties!!!!

:)

TB

This old chestnut again ! They forget to mention that most buyers will register with all teh EAs in their target area. So if they were registering in Maidenhead where I live they would register with about 8 different agents.

So divide 378 by 8 and we have slightly less than 50 buyers for every 68 properties. dont hink they'll be figthing over them do you ?!

The Daily Express has a very clear agenda on the housing market and the economy, their coverage is about as subtle and informed a a 60 pound sledge hammer and as balanced as a two legged bar stool I would guess that the editor / owner is after a gong for his or her efforts.

that paper has zero credibility.

A totally sh1te newspaper - as is most of the press. Nowadays, I tend not to read the press. Just don't buy their bloody newspapers - simple as that. And definately DON'T BUY a Murdoch newspaper.

If there are that many FTBs how come the VIs are trying to get people on the ladder through desperate measures, such loaning 4.75% of "income" to students who have NO income?

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/cash/story/0,,1799997,00.html

Lenders try to lower the ladder

Lisa Bachelor

Sunday June 18, 2006

The Observer

For those rare individuals who are not busy watching the World Cup every night, now is the traditional house-buying season. But it is not only the lure of watching football in the pub that is putting off first-time buyers. Affordability problems are making increasing numbers opt to continue renting or stay at home with mum and dad.
One such option was launched last week by Bradford & Bingley. It is offering a first-time buyer mortgage aimed at new young professionals, specifically those studying for professional qualifications as a solicitor, accountant or actuary, or practising as an architect, doctor, dentist, surveyor or vet.
The loan is available on 100 per cent of the value of the property for those without a deposit and borrowers can take out up to 4.75 times their income.
But while finding ways to afford a first home can be frustrating for those under 30 who live in a country obsessed with owning property, it is interesting that even
The Council of Mortgage Lenders' report concluded that many in this age group may be better off renting for longer.

Better off renting--no duh fools. :angry:

Article stated FTB's rose to 12.5% of the total last month, the market is bouyant and also that housebuilders expect new house prices to rise by 10% in the next year.

Article was, of course, quoting the NAEA (Nat. Ass. of Extreme Ar$eholes), but is the FTB figure correct? Certainly, the newbuild bit doesn't ring true up here in Preston - newbuilds are offering 5% deposit, carpets, stamp duty and legal fees paid.

This is the newspaper that sticks a photo of Princess Di practically every day in a desperate and pathetic attempt to sell itself..... in reality it's not even fit for wiping ones ar$e on it -- it is TOTAL cr@p -- the "editor" and his mates are in a blind panic trying to talk up the market as they try and figure out what to do with their property portfolio - sitting on the dead "market" - not selling.......

I'm unfortunate enough to read this rag quite regularly (BHS do it for 10p with food and thats the most i'm willing to pay for a paper). Has a story every few days about how house prices are suging upward. They have made the front page a few times. I love the fact that it's reported like it's good news. It would be interesting to find out if the editor (or someone else there) has a vested interest in keeping the market a float. Sure seems like it to me. Almost smacks of desperation the number of stories they seem to run on the subject.

Stop it! - surely it isnt even worth 10p for a giggle at how silly it is? :blink:

By buying it you are just encoraging them.....

And yes the Scottish Daily Express is exactly the same - last week huge headline and front page decaring how great it was that prices were continuing to go up - I do wonder what is in it for them the editor must have a VI in ramping things

Whoopy F*cking Do! - it probably 'surged' to 12.5%

Correct me, but I was under the impression that before Gordons Miracle, FTBs were approx 40-50% of market. I remember around 2002, the press was full of tales about how FTBers had fallen from 40-50% to around 25%, but hey no need to fret - the market is now bouyant with FTBers now at 12.5%!

Does this include the 'returner FTBs' or just first-time FTBs??? :lol: