House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Crisis

HOLA441

Is it not about time that Fubra/Webmaster addressed the crisis that this website is currently experiencing? Many regular contributors are fed up with the amount of advertising that is appearing here (there and everywhere) and getting in the way of the smooth running and purpose (or at least what the central purpose of the website used to be) of the site. The trickle of losing regular contributors is fast turning into a torrent. It is these contributors who made HPC into the high quality and popular website that HPC became. It is precisley because of the high quality and frequency of posting that HPC became popular and received so much respect. All that is rapidly being lost (witness the crash in the number of postings). I would have thought that the attempt to use HPC as a commercial interest will fall apart if the current situation continues. Other websites are positively growing as a result. I think Fubra/Webmaster ought to at least make a statement.

All of the above is all IMHO.

HOLA442

Attempts to 'sweep the problem under the carpet' by:

- not actively addressing the problem

- moving or deleting postings that address the problem

will not make the crisis go away.

You desparately need to do something or the damage to HPC will be irreversible.

Your response (or rather lack of response) thus far is very dissapointing.

HOLA443
Guest The_Oldie

The main forum is for discussion about houseprices, not housepricecrash.co.uk

All posts relating to the website are moved here so that the site admins can easily find them.

HOLA444

The fantastic irony of it all is that many of the people on here have been drawn to the site because of the greed and materialism of the world at large.

If there was every a group of people who could see that advertising has simply started to turn the site in to a cash cow it's the sort of people who post here.

The odd add to fund the sites up keep is fair enough but it has now become an unwelcome intrusion into the site.

It's interesting to see that they closed off the pinned discussions on this thread when they were initially started for us to "get all touchy feely" with FUBAR.

They have gone against their stated aims when they took over the site. What I think they fail to realise is that the web is instantly transient, it's not like a traditional customer/view base which often has limits on it's ability to go else where.

I think people might accept if the site had changed significantly so that it need to generate revenue to employ editors/content writers etc but the reality is that the site offers nothing more (possibly less) than when they took over.

The main forum is for discussion about houseprices, not housepricecrash.co.uk

All posts relating to the website are moved here so that the site admins can easily find them.

I quite agree with the act of moving a thread to an appropriate place but,. thats not the issue and you know it. None of the mods have discussed or commented on the actual issues people are concerned about.

HOLA445
HOLA446