House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

Life Is About To Get Interesting For The Dull Men That Set Your Interest Rates

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,6-2227854_1,00.html

Hits the nail on the head here:

But the public and political tolerance for central bank independence has not been tested yet in a time of rising inflation, when the bank has to raise interest rates firmly and consistently, to the inevitable howls of anguish.

If we are entering a period of sustained inflationary resurgence, the question is: will the political consensus hold that central bankers should be left alone to do their thing?

It's been easy so far - now for the time of trial...

Guest wrongmove

AND THE PANIC was enough to generate a good bottom,

and yesterday's "best in 2 1/2 years" rally

I like a good bottom as much as the next man, but I guess you are talking about TA. Speaking as someone who doesn't understand TA, is a bottom defined as one good day after a few weeks of falls ?

I like a good bottom as much as the next man, but I guess you are talking about TA. Speaking as someone who doesn't understand TA, is a bottom defined as one good day after a few weeks of falls ?

What is this TA you speak of?

chrs

tc

The media are a joke only now do they come out with this, knobs.

Very shortly I predict;

'Property Bears May Have Been Right All Along'

'Rising Interest Rates Could Lead To Property Slump'

'What Are The BoE Thinking Of?'

'Calls For BoE to Be Stripped of Their Powers'

'It is clear the bank are not acting in the best interests of the majority of the British people and I have therefore, reluctantly, today re-assumed control of base rate policy.'

No problems at all. When the stuff hits the fan, control will be taken again to protect us. Thank GOD for GORDON.

Gordon will not protect the UK from a ********** but he will blame it all on global factors outside his control - very convenient.

Gordon will not protect the UK from a ********** but he will blame it all on global factors outside his control - very convenient.

Indeed. If he'd raised rates last year he'd have taken the blame, but now he can pass the buck to Bernanke, the Japanese, the ECB and... well, anyone but himself.