House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Yahoo U K Are Doing A Poll

So far:

Thanks for voting!
Question: House prices appear to be rising again. Do you think they will continue to go up?
275 votes since Jun 15 2006
Yes 25% 68 votes
No 76% 207 votes

Looks like HPC wins :) Sentiment turning extremely bearish with 75% of those polled saying house prices will not be continuing to go up. RICS would argue and say 18% of their people said prices were going up--hang on.....................

Question: House prices appear to be rising again. Do you think they will continue to go up?

442 votes since Jun 15 2006

Yes 27% 115 votes

No 74% 327 votes

Negative sentiment still ahead by a wide margin. :)

but then again, doenst mean it will crash :angry:

The question is too open for interpretation. Prices wont probably go up now or the near furture. People will think they will hold at this level for sometime.

The sentiment is, BTL and property is still a good long term investment to many, as long as the rent covers the mortgage. It will keep your wealth safe, with capital appreciation further on down the line.

*shrugs*

but then again, doenst mean it will crash :angry:

The question is too open for interpretation. Prices wont probably go up now or the near furture. People will think they will hold at this level for sometime.

The sentiment is, BTL and property is still a good long term investment to many, as long as the rent covers the mortgage. It will keep your wealth safe, with capital appreciation further on down the line.

*shrugs*

I agree. The poll should have asked the question: do you think house prices will crash from their present position. I think most people agree that house prices always go up in the same way share prices always go up if you hold a a decently balanced portfolio long enough. The issue is really whether now is a good time to buy or sell. IMO, anyone who buys now deserves our heartfelt condolences.

I agree. The poll should have asked the question: do you think house prices will crash from their present position. I think most people agree that house prices always go up in the same way share prices always go up if you hold a a decently balanced portfolio long enough. The issue is really whether now is a good time to buy or sell. IMO, anyone who buys now deserves our heartfelt condolences.

People do not realise what a crash is RB. With the last five years of BUY IT - SELL IT - MAKE MONEY mentality, even when prices were shown to be dropping, the majority of the populus would call this a crash! I think the question of whether houses will return to sensible 3.5x salaries is the most accurate indicator.

Banks may pull the plug on affordability and you will only be able to borrow 3.5x? Who knows... the market will decide.

I do agree though, sentiment has DEFFO changed in the last 3 months.

TB

Poll currently stands

Yes: 37% 556 votes

No: 64% 980 votes

Some positive sentiment creeping in. I wonder what's encouraged the bulls back??

Only coz we all got there.

That is not a problem :rolleyes: - hopefully lots of people will see the results and it will make them think then do some research and hopefully not buy a ridiculously priced cupboard of a new build flat. The sentiment "prices can only go up" needs dispelled.

off to vote now

The Sheeple are catching up on the Realists!

1872 votes since Jun 15 2006

Yes 39% 716 votes

No 62% 1156 votes

That'll be Bruno, Apollo/London Landlady and TTRTR flogging their keyboards and clearing their cookies into the night. I noticed the trolling was down a bit.

Doubt if it was BRUNO as he was admitted to Hospital last night with a Golf umbrella stuck up his @rse. Someone in outpatients shouted "four" and the rest ducked!

So far:

Thanks for voting!
275 votes since Jun 15 2006
Yes 25% 68 votes
No 76% 207 votes

Looks like HPC wins :) Sentiment turning extremely bearish with 75% of those polled saying house prices will not be continuing to go up. RICS would argue and say 18% of their people said prices were going up--hang on.....................

Anyone else noticed that the percentages always add up to more than 100%?

If that's an example of Yahoo finance's calculation abilities, remind me not to ever use them for anything other than entertainment :)

Guest grumpy-old-man

Anyone else noticed that the percentages always add up to more than 100%?

If that's an example of Yahoo finance's calculation abilities, remind me not to ever use them for anything other than entertainment :)

yes I also noticed when I voted.......

talking to our local estate agent today & she tells me that they are really struggling to find FTB's & it's gone very quiet.

However their do seem to be a fair few sold boards also......the last gullible few I suppose.

2473 votes since Jun 15 2006

Yes 39% 961 votes

No 62% 1512 votes

The sample size is getting bigger and the sentiment is still favourable for house prices no longer climbing.

Vote here:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/

Bottom right of page. :)

Edited by Realistbear