House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stillill

Max. 4 Tenants Before You Have To Tell Council?

Hello,

just trying to get clear in my head. New house myself and 3 friends are moving into previously had an occupancy of 6 people on one lease. They are all leaving, and the landlord has said there's only to be 4 occupants due to new regulations.

So I can check the details, can someone tell me the name of these regulations?

Thanks

Hello,

just trying to get clear in my head. New house myself and 3 friends are moving into previously had an occupancy of 6 people on one lease. They are all leaving, and the landlord has said there's only to be 4 occupants due to new regulations.

So I can check the details, can someone tell me the name of these regulations?

Thanks

It may well depend on your local councils policies. There probably is a limit to how many unrelated adult people can live in a particular house.

Maybe the regulations have changed because of an influx of immigrants.

Speak to your council or do a google search for a landlord forum such as landlordzone (I think). They may know better than HPC members generally wishing for a house price crash.

Can you let us know if you find out. I am a bit curious.

Actually, you should send a PM to time to raise the rents. He is a landlord and seems to know an awful lot about the regulations.

Houses in Multiple Occupaction.

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1151996

You place will still be an HMO and will be subject to all the necessary fire precautions (ie fire doors and many other things)

The reason the LL is reducing the number of occupiers to four is so that he doesn't have to pay for an HMO license. (5 unrelated occupiers or more)

Out of interest, is the property 3 stories or more?