House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cupidstunt

Silly Beggars Back With Her Debt Diary

"I find it quite shocking these creditors do not seem to be taking my financial plight seriously."

Shame she didn't take her financial 'plight' more seriously before getting so far into debt really. What does she expect?

THESE GOOGLE ADS IN THE FORUM SPACE HAVE TO BE THE WORST EXAMPLE OF ADVERTISING THAT I HAVE COME ACROSS ON THE WEB!! THE THREADS GET LONG ENOUGH AS IT IS WITH PEOPLE COPYING PREVIOUS COMMENTS

AND AN ADVERT FOR F*CKING ESTONIAN PROPERTY ON A HOUSEPRICECRASH WEBSITE - HAVE THE NEW OWNERS OF THIS SITE GONE COMPLETELY STUPID.

FIRST THEY'VE DESTROYED THE BLOG ALLOWING EVERYONE TO POST THEIR WANNABE JOURNALIST COMMENTS NOW THEY ARE DESTROYING THE FORUM SPACE WITH ADVERTS THAT AREN'T EVEN RELEVANT TO THE USERS OF THIS SITE!

Edited by munimula

Often, though, the overriding impression I am given is that I should be ashamed, humiliated by not being able to meet my debt repayments for a short period of time.

I feel sometimes as if the person on the other end of the phone is blaming me.

Erm, then who is to blame? Ahh, silly me, somebody else but you, of course. Silly moo.

We go into the reason for my cash crisis; namely, the early termination of my freelance contract when I revealed to my employer that I was pregnant.

Ahh, so over leverage and lack of contingency were nothing to do with it.

I tell you what, if this moo is an IT contractor i'd never want her working on my systems - she has a complete lack of foresight.

Often, though, the overriding impression I am given is that I should be ashamed, humiliated by not being able to meet my debt repayments for a short period of time.

I feel sometimes as if the person on the other end of the phone is blaming me.

Er yes...and?

Silly cow.

I get the distinct impression she feels as if she should have some sort of special treatment because she is pregnant. Did it not occur to her that having a baby while being thousands in the red probably wasn't the best of ideas?

Er yes...and?

Silly cow.

I get the distinct impression she feels as if she should have some sort of special treatment because she is pregnant. Did it not occur to her that having a baby while being thousands in the red probably wasn't the best of ideas?

But she was "borrowing to secure her financial future" - or some other guff on those lines.

I think she should have thought through her plans before buying the BTL - no matter how small it is.

No sympathy from this corner - if I can resist the temptation to borrow excessive amounts of money then so can everyone else.

Bit galling isn't it?

I wonder what she would think of me if I borrowed £100K and put it on a horse?

Thats the equivalent of what you're doing if you buy into some BTLs without doing your research, or sink money into a small business without a very good plan of how it will turn around.

F***KING MORON.

Maybe the banks will be happy with their £1 per month.... let's wait until the value of those houses start falling and see how long it takes the bank to repossess and cut their losses!!

perhaps she just thought that the rise in house prices over the next 10 years would pay off all of her debt? - ahh.. oh... errr.. so house prices aren't rising?? - poor dear.

Erm, then who is to blame? Ahh, silly me, somebody else but you, of course. Silly moo.

Ahh, so over leverage and lack of contingency were nothing to do with it.

I tell you what, if this moo is an IT contractor i'd never want her working on my systems - she has a complete lack of foresight.

"We go into the reason for my cash crisis; namely, the early termination of my freelance contract when I revealed to my employer that I was pregnant. "

i employ IT Contractors, i'd never employ her again if she failed to tell me she was pregnant, complete and utter lack of professionalism

"I find it quite shocking these creditors do not seem to be taking my financial plight seriously."

I'm sure they're taking it far more seriously than she is: they're probably deciding which property to reposess first...

What I don't understand is why this silly woman is considered 'news' on the BBC? Surely it should be in the comedy section?

I have very mixed feelings about this. It is clear that she has been a victim of her own greed, but what caused her to think that she could do everything that she has with impunity? So many people are horribly undereducated in running their own finances and are essentially led into trouble by marketing, must-have-now culture and spin. So on that level I really pity her and the countless thousands currently in a similar positions.

For me, the reason I have no time for her situation is that she has clearly gone crying to the BBC in order to get sympathy and better treatment by her creditors because she thinks it is an easy way out. She clearly thinks that pulling at heart-strings of the public will grant her leniency from her creditors.

So, so many tragic personal stories to come before the end.....

Its self inflicted, no sympathy. An IT contractor should have plenty of cash in the bank to cover times without work (heck I've got 1 years worth and have been in a safe permanent role for the past 18 months).

Pregancy or such is just a convenient excuse. Lack of cash and foresight is simply gross stupidity.

SAYARA BEG (pictured with daughter Alice, two) has been using an IFA for ten years and won't make an investment decision without contacting him.

Sayara, from London, consulted IFA Julian Nurse of Select Financial Solutions about Alice's Child Trust Fund voucher and put the money into Invesco Perpetual Worldwide - a fund investing in a range of shares from around the world.

Sayara, 36, a freelance IT consultant says: 'I first went to Julian ten years ago when I was in my mid-20s. I needed someone willing to demystify things for me. Now I wouldn't make a financial move without asking for his help.'

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/investing-and...35&in_page_id=3

Well, maybe you should ask hime how to pay off debts with no income darlin'

Here's the link to her husbands "restaurant"

http://www.pressbox.co.uk/Detailed/12160.html

Wine, dine and WiFi - oh goody that's just what I want :lol:

Seems a bit of a rubbish dotcom era idea to me. If I go out to lunch from work, with colleagues or business contacts, do I really want to go plug my laptop in afterwards and catch up on a bit of work? And do I want to eat somewhere that seems like a glorified internet cafe in the first place.

I don't think so.

Edited by Magpie

Seems a bit of a rubbish dotcom era idea to me. If I go out to lunch from work, with colleagues or business contacts, do I really want to go plug my laptop in afterwards and catch up on a bit of work? And do I want to eat somewhere that seems like a glorified internet cafe in the first place.

I don't think so.

Ive been there. The foods ok but seriously overpriced. Seems like the sort of restaurant which suffers in any type of downturn.

<Quote Google Ads>

This is a frigging annoying advert which helps to make money for the people running this site, whilst cacking it up for everyone else

<End Quote>

THESE GOOGLE ADS IN THE FORUM SPACE HAVE TO BE THE WORST EXAMPLE OF ADVERTISING THAT I HAVE COME ACROSS ON THE WEB!! THE THREADS GET LONG ENOUGH AS IT IS WITH PEOPLE COPYING PREVIOUS COMMENTS

AND AN ADVERT FOR F*CKING ESTONIAN PROPERTY ON A HOUSEPRICECRASH WEBSITE - HAVE THE NEW OWNERS OF THIS SITE GONE COMPLETELY STUPID.

FIRST THEY'VE DESTROYED THE BLOG ALLOWING EVERYONE TO POST THEIR WANNABE JOURNALIST COMMENTS NOW THEY ARE DESTROYING THE FORUM SPACE WITH ADVERTS THAT AREN'T EVEN RELEVANT TO THE USERS OF THIS SITE!

Agreed, the whole thing is a pi$$ take. They claim its to help pay for the running of the site but since they haven't been need until now, it can only mean that inflation is even higher than we thought :)

The BBC should allows 'Have your say' on this article - not just allowing her to have PR advantage, on the back of BBC, over the creditors. The B?ggar is naming and shaming those creditors not favourable to her.

She is in so much trouble with the Inland Revenue - she's a freelance consultant who has not been paying the full amount of PAYE that an employee pays wants to sue under employment legislation. And putting it out there for millions of people to read. How thick can you get ?

This is the up to date site for the restaurant... I resisted posting it earlier but obviously the cat is out of the bag.

link

See how long this post lasts...

Use adblock with firefox, it tones it down to a less annoying simple text post.

Thanks but I can't be bothered to change my whole browser set-up on several computers just for the sake of one site. The ****-up in the coding which makes the RHS of the page is in any case far more iniquitous. I'm not going to flounce out declaring I'm leaving for ever only to slope back in apologetically a few days later... :rolleyes: But I do think the bad coding is a serious problem and Fubra should deal with it. The Google post ads are just an irritation - quite a serious irritation but I'll probably get used to ignoring them in time. It does get more and more painful to use this site though. :ph34r: