House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Bo J Boss Will Have To Resign

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5082336.stm

Bank of Japan boss says 'solly'

Toshihiko Fukui has held his hands up to his mistake

Bank of Japan governor Toshihiko Fukui has apologised for his links to a fund manager arrested for insider trading.
Under a grilling from an opposition MP, the governor said he would not keep any profit made from investing in the fund, managed by Yoshiaki Murakami.
There have been calls for him to quit, but Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi was strong in his support for Mr Fukui.

Famous words of a politician about to fire one of his minions: "he has my full support."

Let's hope the man with a rude name's replacement will put an end to the will they-won't they IR game of the past few months and get on with what they have to do.

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/15062006/323/hyund...slush-fund.html

Hyundai chief apologises over slush fund

SEOUL (AFP) - The chairman of Hyundai Motor, on trial for corruption charges, has apologised for personally approving a slush fund at the South Korean automaker, company officials said.
Detained tycoon Chung Mong-Koo, 68, formally charged with breach of trust and embezzlement, sent a signed letter of apology to a Seoul court late Wednesday, Hyundai (011760.KS - news) spokesman Jake Jang said.
"I sincerely apologize for having raised and used a slush fund without fulfilling my obligation as a responsible figure. I will gladly take legal responsibility," Chung said in the letter, according to Jang.

Confidence in Asian stockmarkets may erode on this kind of news.

Edited by Realistbear