House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rachel

Possible Btl'er

i had a patient in yesterday who was saying that she had been watching a set of new builds progressing and thta she had thought about buying a 1 bed flat to rent out..i was about t put my tuppence in when luckily she continued saying 'but then i saw that it was £150k for a 1 bed flat and thought, how could i make any money from that?'

:D

seems even the ridiculously expensive new builds are starting to put off the BTL'ers!

This is one of the reasons I want to see a total catastrophe when it comes to house prices crashing, because I fear still for FTB as there will always be those such as your patient willing to grab if a slow correction should be the case. Although, investors will still be in the market at least the FTB would be in with a chance.

This is one of the reasons I want to see a total catastrophe when it comes to house prices crashing, because I fear still for FTB as there will always be those such as your patient willing to grab if a slow correction should be the case. Although, investors will still be in the market at least the FTB would be in with a chance.

I agree. This will underpin the market and prevent a crash

I'm not sure I agree. If the correction is slow, then there will be time for "house prices are falling" to get into people's minds before prices get low enough to buy. Then people, both buyers and investors will start waiting for further falls, and the market will remain a buyer's market for a long time.

I agree. This will underpin the market and prevent a crash

Well, it would if the sentiment of houses being a good investment can survive an environment when house prices are falling across the country year on year. I think that a lot of the theories of what happen seem to assume current levels of bullish sentiment in a long-lasting bear market.

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

i had a patient in yesterday who was saying that she had been watching a set of new builds progressing and thta she had thought about buying a 1 bed flat to rent out..i was about t put my tuppence in when luckily she continued saying 'but then i saw that it was £150k for a 1 bed flat and thought, how could i make any money from that?'

:D

seems even the ridiculously expensive new builds are starting to put off the BTL'ers!

Rubbish! - as Krusty would tell you. House prices can only ever go up! if it is "worth" £150k now just think how much it will it be "worth" in a few years time especially if you fit some laminate flooring and kit it out from IKEA.... :rolleyes:

:P