House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gruffydd

Unemployment - Britain Was Named Today As The Only

The warning will strike fear into the hearts of all hard-working families who rely on their salaries to pay their rapidly rising household bills.

'Hard working families' Thats a favourite phrase of Gordon Brown isn't it? Why do I keep feeling that we are being led by a bunch crooks and snake oil salesmen.

'Hard working families' Thats a favourite phrase of Gordon Brown isn't it? Why do I keep feeling that we are being led by a bunch crooks and snake oil salesmen.

Er maybe, it's because we are led by a bunch of crooks and snake oil salesman. You could add liars to that too

Errmm! I think what Gordy wants to say is you'd better work harder to pay for those superb local government services that we all love so much - like Errmm?

I mean like.... rubish collecting and all that, especially the new scheme thing where we we get to pay twice with stuff that that new tax on weigh by the kilo - and health care except dental care which, which, which is a bit extra on the count that they can't be bovered.

HAL

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Britain was named today as the only major economy where unemployment will rise over the next two years.

Well my contracts are drying up slowly and I know a few people in the same boat. I think Unemployment has risen sharply in the last two months and wouldn't be surprised if its actually over 2 million already.

Certainly on the way up

Well my contracts are drying up slowly and I know a few people in the same boat. I think Unemployment has risen sharply in the last two months and wouldn't be surprised if its actually over 2 million already.

Certainly on the way up

£600Bn of shit has been dumped on the economy. Maybe we have got to the stage where the compnies themselves now longer believe that it is worth investing more to gain market share/sales as investment is unlikely to generate returns or the "2% inflation" they have been suffering is wiping them out. From what I'm hearing from people I know in marketing/advertising it seems that way.

I hope we don't go back to the days of 3 million unemployed, its bad enough living in the UK fighting for every contract and being undercut by eastern European trademen.

If we do there North of England will be hit extremely hard and we'll be working at Tescos.

If we do there North of England will be hit extremely hard and we'll be working at Tescos.

And you will have to fight for those Tesco jobs too!!! UK Plc is in a mess, I suspect it's going to get worst. More people with more debt than ever before, with pensions more worthless than ever, with more competition from immigrant migration than ever before, and UK companies getting the 5h1t kicked out of then due to globalisation, and the one's that are profitable are shipping jobs to BRIC. We look at America's problems, but we have to realise we could potentially be in deeper than they are.

The UK's days of being a major player are very limited. In just 2 years time it's gonna start looking very messy!!

Edited by tekken