House Price Crash Forum

Google Posts/ads

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Won't these ads put new members off. I'm sure us regular members can use firefox and block all the ads, but new members may get annoyed and leave.

Oh, and if you're using ad block. Just block www.housepricecrash.co.uk/adserver

Edited by Jason

HOLA445
HOLA446

Won't these ads put new members off. I'm sure us regular members can use firefox and block all the ads, but new members may get annoyed and leave.

Oh, and if you're using ad block. Just block www.housepricecrash.co.uk/adserver

I dont know about new member but im done with this site, im going over to ****** and GEI, im amazed webmaster and fubra have managed to f*ck things up in such a short amount of time.

Ill see some of you guys else where. I might post on here from time to time but for now this site has been degraded to the point where i just cannot be botherd supporting it anymore.

Laters peeps

HOLA447

any ideas for non firefox peeps?

Install Firefox! Problem solved.

I've removed all the ads I can see, even the tiny text ones. I've also removed the HPC logo at the top of the page.

www.mozilla.org

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

HOLA448
HOLA449

any ideas for non firefox peeps?

It's a teeny bit of a fag - bit if you are using IE - just disable javascript while you are here.

Go to the Tools menu and select the Internet Options sub-menu.

Click the Security tab at the top.

Click the Custom Level... button.

Scroll down to Scripting and under Active Scripting click 'Disable'.

Takes about 10 seconds when you are used to doing it.

I don't use Firefox much because it keeps 'hanging' when I click on links. Not always - but sometimes you have keep clicking on a hyperlink and, maybe after half a dozen clicks, it decides to go where it has been told to go.

There is lots about this on the web. Firefox supporters who never suffer this assume you are making it up - but I would be quite happy to use Firefox but on all 3 of my computers - it does the same thing.

Edited by Marina

HOLA4410

Will firefox work with aol? I don't want to screw up the computer when hubbys awat until October. I need my daily fix!

Edit: Thanks to RB I have just switched on the adblockers bit of Norton, and it seems to do the trick!

Edited by libitina

HOLA4411

I dont know about new member but im done with this site, im going over to ****** and GEI, im amazed webmaster and fubra have managed to f*ck things up in such a short amount of time.

I totally sympthaize, Chuz.

Although certain aspects of the site design have been improved, the deterioration with the volume and placement of the advertising is unacceptable.

Sorry to say - but I think I'm going to be winding things down on here, too.

:(

HOLA4412

I also am going to leave this site. I don't use firefox. and cant really be bothered to install some complicated work around.

so long Ad sense whores im off to

www.greenenergyinvestors.com

and possible other sites that reflact the nature of the house price crash

till you ban this Google_Ads Troll im quiting

HOLA4413

I find it unbelievable Webmaster is not commenting on the ill-feeling these ads have engendered.

Can't you just admit you made a mistake on this one? There are ways of advertising and getting revenue which do not involve p-ing off most of your users.

HOLA4414

Get Firefox.

Install:

Adblock Plus, Flashblock, RIP(Remove It Permanently), NukeAnythingEnhanced, NoScript.

Select offending Google ad or parts thereof(or anything that annoys in general). Rightclick, select 'RIP Advanced', and then 'Remove from all similiar pages'. Agony over.

The ads are taken care of by Adblock, and so, you get the best of both worlds, the websites you visit can make money from the ad spammers and you don't have to ever see adverts.