House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
libitina

Google Posts/ads

Even the ad is replying in the thread protesting about its presence. :lol:

The irony!

I think what we've always needed on HPC are more adverts. I wonder if Google Ads is bearish on house prices.

Speak up Google Ads or forever be silent.

Fubra's main aim is to please you, the visitor to our site. The way we see it is that if you like our site you will keep coming back as well as spreading the good news to your friends. If you like it a lot you will also visit our other sites and tell your friends about them too.

This is why we don't feel the need to continually put flashing adverts up on the screen when you simply want to use our site specifically for what you have visited it for. We do of course mention our other sites in order to earn some money for all our hard work but we would never expect to earn any money if we didn't offer the best products and web sites, so it's always our goal to keep these high standards up.

Mods, webmaster or fubra care to comment?

Edited by libitina

Firefox and 'Remove It Permanently'(RIP) are your friends and will make the stupid Google spam go away.

Cheers for that, I've zapped it off my screen.. Whoopie!

Guest Bart of Darkness
Even the ad is replying in the thread protesting about its presence.

A silent protest.

This new member, GoogleAds, seems to be posting a lot but never has anything useful to say.

Sounds like TTRTR to me.

we need more adds, especially spyware type ones, and ones that play loud music, and the ones that pop up new windows EVEN if you try to close them - so you HAVE TO CLICK ON THE LINKS!!! How about the ones that install themselves on your internet browser bar, hmm nice

Grr help

A silent protest.

This new member, GoogleAds, seems to be posting a lot but never has anything useful to say.

Sounds like TTRTR to me.

I tried to add it to my ignore user list, and it wouldn't let me.

I've installed RemoveItPermanently. I still get some ads. Could someone familiar with RIP post a few pointers on how to use it?

Billy Shears

I'm guessing that if enough people get annoyed with the ads then there'll be a mass exodus to another board.

These are extremely, extremely annoying. Where's a response from our Webmaster?

These are extremely, extremely annoying. Where's a response from our Webmaster?

Completely agree. It's like the old days of web surfing with adverts popping up and appearing in your face - Time to all head over to GEI and ****, while installing every ad block, cookie killer etc available..

Maybe we should protest and just use one of those bandwidth draining tools they use again spams sites to run up the bills and distort the click thru rates to > 0.000000000001% vs impressions. (Not that I can see any adverts, just the holes!)

This XPath for Remove It Permanently seems to get rid of the body of the google ads.

//table[@width=466' and @height='58' and @cellspacing='0' and @cellpadding='1' and @border='0' and @bgcolor='#eef2f7]

Edit: It didn't remove all of them. I added a few more. Where can we find documentation on how to write RIP XPaths?

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

This XPath for Remove It Permanently seems to get rid of the body of the google ads.

//table[@width=466' and @height='58' and @cellspacing='0' and @cellpadding='1' and @border='0' and @bgcolor='#eef2f7]

Billy Shears

Thanks.

RIP is very nice, just remove the parent 'Google Ads' - from website and there gone! (at the moment!)

The advert war is on, and the forum users will win! :D

Thanks.

RIP is very nice, just remove the parent 'Google Ads' - from website and there gone! (at the moment!)

The advert war is on, and the forum users will win! :D

Can you post your XPaths?

Billy Shears

Just to say maxthon can remove the ads too (and any other content including Mr trees :P) with the RemoveIT plugin.

I've got rid of all the google post ads via the RIP right click menu options without typing any paths by doing this.

1) Right click anywhere and select 'RIP advanced' then the second menu item 'Remove from all similar pages'

2) Right click in the 'Google ad' frame where the member text is, just under where it says 'Member no.' works.

3) Move cursor to 'RIP advanced' then the seventh item down 'Parent item only'. A red frame should flash briefly around the whole offending post. If so, then click the entry.

Google post ad on this thread and all other threads should disappear.

TLM

Edited by trompe le monde

This XPath gets rid of the vertical ads to the right of the thread postings. It doesn't expand the size of the table.

//div[@class=skyscraper]

Billy Shears