House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Eas Have No Interest In New Sellers?

So why do you want a valuation if you are not going to sell? Perhaps they are cottoning on to all these time waster's that just want a valuation so they can brag at dinner parties "my house is worth whatever fwar fwar"

Bring on the HIPS...

ps. ME2, is that your postcode?

I take it back then... :)

If Bruno knocked on my door he'd get the sharp end of my umbrella...

But he would probably enjoy that.. :blink::blink:

I need a valuation on my house, so I asked a major national EA (no names - I'm zealously "legal-wary" on the web these days) to come and look at it. It is not to sell, as it is a home and I have no debt/money worries, although I would sell if I got a ludicrous offer.

A week and a few e-mails later - no human response. Is it because they have hundreds of the same thing on their books and have no interest in acquiring yet another one? My place certainly fits their profile.

I must admit, in all my dealings with large companies I've never had a company give me the cold shoulder like this when I am a "new prospect", only when I'm an existing customer and have problems. They are usually all over you like a cheap suit. I can only assume they are really not interested.

So, you've no intention of selling yet are expecting an EA to rush round to your property and provide you with the benefit of their wisdom :blink: all for free!!

I need a valuation on my house, so I asked a major national EA (no names - I'm zealously "legal-wary" on the web these days) to come and look at it. It is not to sell, as it is a home and I have no debt/money worries, although I would sell if I got a ludicrous offer.

A week and a few e-mails later - no human response. Is it because they have hundreds of the same thing on their books and have no interest in acquiring yet another one? My place certainly fits their profile.

I must admit, in all my dealings with large companies I've never had a company give me the cold shoulder like this when I am a "new prospect", only when I'm an existing customer and have problems. They are usually all over you like a cheap suit. I can only assume they are really not interested.

HAA !! What a farce!

I need a valuation on my house, .........

It is not to sell....although I would sell if I got a ludicrous offer.

They say "free valuation service" on all their letters to me.

You're having a laugh aren't you? Is your post a wind-up or what?

An EA's salary is laregly made up from commisions, an EA has to be able to identify and focus his efforts on good leads or he doesn't put food on the table.....yours is a completely dead lead....why would he waste his time with you?

Guest Bart of Darkness

Seems clear enough to me. Are there any terms & conditions on the free valuations (in micro small print at the bottom). I.e. we won't give free valuations if we have a hunch that there's nothing in it for us.

Seems clear enough to me. Are there any terms & conditions on the free valuations (in micro small print at the bottom). I.e. we won't give free valuations if we have a hunch that there's nothing in it for us.

Give me a bell next time you are selling a car, as no doubt you'll be willing to let me take it for a free test drive....p.s I've no intention of buying but i've always wondered what it's like to drive an allegro....i'm sure you'll understand.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Give me a bell next time you are selling a car, as no doubt you'll be willing to let me take it for a free test drive....p.s I've no intention of buying but i've always wondered what it's like to drive an allegro....i'm sure you'll understand.

Them Allegro's are 70s classics y'know. I wouldn't part with mine for any money. All right then, fifty quid (but you have to collect).

I think the difference here is that I'm not sending out letters specifically offering free test drives (or anything else for that matter).

I would value it myself, then add 40% to that valuation and heh presto you've got an EA's valuation. :lol:

I'd be more inclined to add 100%. 40% is what it'll come down by, from that, over the next few years.

An offer of a free valuation surely has an implied 'assuming you are about to put your property on the market' caveat.

In the same way that when you ring a company for a price for anything - they reasonably assume the reason you are asking is because you are in the market.

Do you give your work - time for free to strangers?

I run my own business and we can spot 'time vampires' a mile off. They think they're cute but we spot em all'right. To get our own back we play along so they end wasting thier own time and energy, childish but great fun :lol:

Edited by dogbox