House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
apom

Massive Drop In First Time Buyers..

This is not the graph thay you will expect to see.

I would expect the "Oh my god....." response from Bears..

Look to the graph.. move the age groups through the life span of a mortgage.. and think...

seeing this will change your outlook on housing completly.

all you need is the graph

If I say "nose" you will see what I mean... If I say "make the nose 25 yeara older" you will now understand...

Look. grin... and imagine this...

Can you also give another reason why FTB's in their 20's are at a lower number then at any time before...? after you have looked at the graph..

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=6

You aren't being very clear about what you are claiming. Could you be more detailed? Are you suggesting that the drop in FTBs is solely due to there being fewer people at FTB age than there were a few years ago? Or are you saying that the rise in age of the typical FTB is due to there being more people of (say) 40, than there were a few years ago? Can you tell us what your claims are?

Making a wild guess that you mean that the rise in age of FTBs is due to age demographics, not affordability ... What proportion of the drop in FTBs do you think is attributable solely to age demographics. We've seen the number of FTBs buying fall to a fraction of their previous level. Are age demographics alone enough to account for this?

Billy Shears

No... look... there are fewer and fewer people in younger and younger ages...

when the boomers start to shuffle of (15-25 years.. hopefully long and healthy lives) then there are fewer people of the younger ages...

1.3 kids per couple i n the headlines recently..?? remember??

think..

come on.. look.. I shall explain..

currently the population is growing, but we are living longer..

Look at the chunk of the population made up of the boomers on the graph..

in 15-25 years the population will shrink rapidly...

just when people are hoping to sell their properties

investment properites... you know.. property always goes up.. I will keep it for 25 years..

when the population takes a nose dive

Ah, now I understand what you're saying.

This was mentioned some time ago. That people buying hoping to sell for their retirement would find the market very different from now. I think that someone quoted someone in the media saying so. But sadly the number of people able to think ahead 25 years ahead or who would think of actually researching the biggest investment of their life is probably pretty small.

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

come on.. look.. I shall explain..

currently the population is growing, but we are living longer..

Look at the chunk of the population made up of the boomers on the graph..

investment properites... you know.. property always goes up.. I will keep it for 25 years..

when the population takes a nose dive

You're getting there apom.

I posted this;

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=26894&hl=

about 3-4 months ago, I think it links in nicely with what you're saying here.

Can you also give another reason why FTB's in their 20's are at a lower number then at any time before...? after you have looked at the graph..

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=6

This is the demographic time bomb. We are now into a phase of rising numbers of old people and falling numbers of young people. It is the reverse of the virtuous cycle which brought house prices to their current dizzy heights.

This graph is the most compelling reason for not investing in property for the long term.

whats with this google ad crap?

Yeah - annoying pointless rubbish!! Since the new owners this site as been WAY Over The Top on adverts - banner and side bars are okay, in the posts is far too much.

so whats the story with the eyebrows then?

is there an active government culling initiative I don't know about - or do peope suddenly decide to emigrate at about 58?

is there an active government culling initiative I don't know about - or do peope suddenly decide to emigrate at about 58?

Fewer children were born during the Second World War (1939-1945) for obvious reasons. When the troops came home many decided to start a family. So, there was a huge spike of births between 1946 and 1949.

frugalsita

Its when people came back from the war..

the lower amount now are those ho were lost in the war :(

brave souls..

apom was knocked of his motorbike today by a driver paying the same amount of attention to the road as a BTL investor does to the markets underlying drivers :)

ow.. I have three fingers not bound and splinted

This is one particular reason why after the next HPC prices might never spike as they have just done so. Environmental and social upheaval will also have their impacts. In fact the idea of being tied to a property in a very uncertain future doesnt fill me with joy, even if its dirt cheap.

Everyone decided to have babies after the WW2.