House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Smell the Fear

Inflation Up To 2.2%

BBC news 24 talking up IR rises. We are being told to assume the crash position.......

Inflation - the smoking gun

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Let's face it, the BBC are "on message" to Nulabour. IR rises are absolutely inevitable now. We are being warned, so no one has any excuses for getting shafted.

"Food prices also contributed to the rise, mainly as a result of higher vegetable prices."

**** me, although it cost £60 to fill up the car with petrol it's the overpriced carrot that ****ed the economy up the a*se.

The BBC are on Prozac..... God only knows what the ONS are on..... Pluto probably (yes the dog, not the planet).

"Food prices also contributed to the rise, mainly as a result of higher vegetable prices."

**** me, although it cost £60 to fill up the car with petrol it's the overpriced carrot that ****ed the economy up the a*se.

The BBC are on Prozac..... God only knows what the ONS are on..... Pluto probably (yes the dog, not the planet).

Brill :lol:

Guest Guy_Montag

In fairness the article title is:

Energy bills push up UK inflation

In fairness the article title is:

Energy bills push up UK inflation

Point taken, I was all consumed by the vegetables!

I was listening to Bloomberg today and it struck me how much manipulation there is. e.g. "If we strip out the energy then there really isn't much of a worry since core inflation is minimal."

It seems you can only fool 100% of the people all of the time!

Excellent :D

mind you the carrot has probably travelled 2000 miles by the time it gets to the super market

CPI has gone up from 2% to 2.2%.

This is an annual rate, it's the difference between prices a year ago and now, interestingly the average of the 12 monthly price rises.

What has cause this recent rise isn't so much May 2006 seeing a dramatic price rise over April 2006, but May 2005 falling of the end of the rolling 12 months. The real energy price rises came in Oct-Mar I think, this means for each of the next few months a 'cheap' 2005 month will fall off the rolling 12 to be replaced with an expensive 2006 month. The difference between the cheap 2005 month and the expensive 2006 month must be quite big if a single month can make the 0.2% change we've just seen.

I'm just thinking about the energy contribution here, not other goods/services.

This is an annual rate, it's the difference between prices a year ago and now, interestingly the average of the 12 monthly price rises.

What has cause this recent rise isn't so much May 2006 seeing a dramatic price rise over April 2006, but May 2005 falling of the end of the rolling 12 months. The real energy price rises came in Oct-Mar I think, this means for each of the next few months a 'cheap' 2005 month will fall off the rolling 12 to be replaced with an expensive 2006 month. The difference between the cheap 2005 month and the expensive 2006 month must be quite big if a single month can make the 0.2% change we've just seen.

Does anyone still believe the CPI figures? Even regular Jo Smo's don't - no one does. Why do they bother to try to mesmarize us with these pathetic stats when they are total and utter uber rubbish. I really don't care if the price of a DVD player has gone down or if a PC has more features and is therefore hedonistically corrected for price - its my daily none discretionary LIVING expenses that are taking a thwacking. /Rant over with

I expect that they will talk the market into believing that they are going to be hard on inflation - together with a few pathetic token .25BP rises then back off as their balls are put into a vice by their masters - then they will back off and its back to normal - printing presses cranked up and away she goes again - inflationary spiral - thats what you get when you manipulate markets and disrespect what money was created for - as a store of wealth. Only one way for Gold when the markets realise what the underlying game is - that may be some time yet.

HAL

This highlights the lagging nature of the CPI. IMO One of the reason people get so wound up with the CPI is because it doesn't reflect their everyday experience. Petrol goes up by 5p per litre at the pump and the CPI still goes down 0.2%. The BofE are supposed to target inflation 2 years out, but this doesn't seem to correlate with reality. They obviously believe the CPI is heading upwards now, but I don't think they've known for 2 years.

The other annoying thing about inflation measures is that they seem not to distinguish between madatory and discretionary spending, which seems a bit too important to ignore.

I'm just waiting for the next 'revision' of headline inflation measuement in the next few weeks....

...they'll keep interest rates on hold until not even tabloid readers believe the figures

:lol:

i don't think we have spun this correctly - i think if we used a slant similar to that applied to house prices the correct heading would be along the lines of "good news as the month on month rise in the inflation rate hit 10% last month"

i don't think we have spun this correctly - i think if we used a slant similar to that applied to house prices the correct heading would be along the lines of "good news as the month on month rise in the inflation rate hit 10% last month"

:lol::lol::lol:

Good news!!! The 'Super Rabbit-Deluxe' is half the price it was 12 months ago.

Bad News: The batteries are double the price, but you dont need them do you?

TB

Consumer confidence is down, high street sales are down, house sales are down and wages are suppressed because all the immigrants that are flooding in and yet they are telling us that inflation is up ! you must be joking.

Inflations was shooting up over the past few years with fuel, taxes and red tape, MEW release and they told us inflation was low, get real.

What you are now seeing is the results of the books being cooked in the same way as earnings can be suppressed and carried over to next year earnings.

Why do you think big brother did this, don’t tell me it was to get more Muppets to buy into the pyramid property scam before the exit door was slammed shut. :)

Inflations was shooting up over the past few years with fuel, taxes and red tape, MEW release and they told us inflation was low, get real.

What you are now seeing is the results of the books being cooked in the same way as earnings can be suppressed and carried over to next year earnings.

Why do you think big brother did this, don’t tell me it was to get more Muppets to buy into the pyramid property scam before the exit door was slammed shut. :)

I agree that the situation is manufactured, but the fact is that the time has arrived to shut to door and get on with the dirty business of slaughtering the lambs. When we are told repeatedly on the BBC news that inflation is up, feared to be going up more, that IR will have to rise and that house prices may fall, it is pretty much a done deal.