House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delite1

Brown Says Inflationary Pressures Rising

"
This is a period of fast moving change for all economies. And as the Governor of the Bank of England (Mervyn King) said last night, a time of inflationary pressure," Brown said, according to an advance copy of his speech to an Islamic finance conference seen by Reuters

This is the Miracle Man saying no one could have seen the disaster coming, despite all the obvious signs HPI and MEW being chief among them. Years of irrational exhuberance with house prices and now he says its happened so fast............................. :lol::lol::lol:

Goodbye No. 10.

"King said late on Monday that a period a massive monetary stiumulus in other parts of the world had raised inflationary pressures "

Nothing to do with keeping interest rates too low for too long to try and get Clownie into power, :rolleyes: , using the wrong inflation measure, fiddling the inflation measure, political appointment of MPC commitee members, and reckless lending by the banks to meet quarterly targets then?

When you cook the books, it helps if you get out before the turd hits the fan.

Oh yes we see through you. :lol:

When the credit derivatives on the mortgage securities go tits up, we hope the FSA will line up like good little boys to take their canning. But probably not. They'll let our pension funds take the drilling.

But Labour are about low interest rates forever more. I thought they'd ended boom and bust?

Anyne who believed that crock of sh*te needs their head examined.

Fatso Gordo will realise his dream just as the economy goes into nightmare scenario.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke :lol:

Anyne who believed that crock of sh*te needs their head examined.

Fatso Gordo will realise his dream just as the economy goes into nightmare scenario.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke :lol:

I don't think he'll realise the dream.

If he dosen't get into no.10 before the sh1t hits the fan (which is looking unlikely) then I suspect that he'll lose support within the labour party to be next PM, and then he is finished (or sidelined into another cabinet post with a cushy pension).

I don't think he'll realise the dream.

If he dosen't get into no.10 before the sh1t hits the fan (which is looking unlikely) then I suspect that he'll lose support within the labour party to be next PM, and then he is finished (or sidelined into another cabinet post with a cushy pension).

I tend to agree, call it a gut feeling. Whenever something is so heavily trailed as bound to happen, ie Brown being PM, it's surprising how often it doesn't occur.

Watch out for David Milliband (ex Marxist), Allan Johnson (ex TU agitator) and John Reid (ex Communist). What a nice bunch these Nu Lab people are - NOT

"But Brown said the government would take steps to keep pay growth down, potentially setting him on a collision course with public sector unions."

Ouch, just in time for him to take the helm

Lets see how much teeth the unions still got following the mauling Thatcher gave them back in the 80's

I personally think GB is so detached from reality ATM he'll drive the country into the ground before giving in to the public sector army he's created...

Edited by dnd

With all this going on you'd think Gordon Broon had more to deal with than his aim of making London the world centre for islamic, sharia-compliant finance

great!

Brown is a crook.

The reason that people demand higher pay is due to inflation. He can't keep peoples wages down so that doesn't feed into the inflation that means that they need higher wages. That's just robbery.

My girlfriend is a nurse and it makes me really angry when I hear labour PMs saying that 'nurses are earning 25% more than when we came to power' They came to power nearly 10 years ago so this is no more than inflationary increases - they are not 'better off' especially as we all know inflation figures are fiddled/cr*p

IMO nurse get paid cr*p for what they do, not many would work 12 hour night shifts for the money they get.

Brown is a crook.

The reason that people demand higher pay is due to inflation. He can't keep peoples wages down so that doesn't feed into the inflation that means that they need higher wages. That's just robbery.

My girlfriend is a nurse and it makes me really angry when I hear labour PMs saying that 'nurses are earning 25% more than when we came to power' They came to power nearly 10 years ago so this is no more than inflationary increases - they are not 'better off' especially as we all know inflation figures are fiddled/cr*p

IMO nurse get paid cr*p for what they do, not many would work 12 hour night shifts for the money they get.

But don't nurses get cheaper housing? I thought they were on key worker schemes or what not.

Has it occurred to anyone that Brown might not get to be PM because of reasons other than all this?

He might be going the Alastair Campbell way ....