House Price Crash Forum

I bet you wish you'd BTLed 5 years ago. I know I do.

Are you kidding? I would be crapping myself right now, knowing that I hold a pseudo-productive asset with incredibly high transfer costs. Not to mention the fact that loads will be dumped on the market at once when the sh*t hits the fan.

Maybe he does have a portfolio. And maybe hes profiting.

But it really is irrelevant to the ongoing discussions on this forum.

No one questions the validity of buying low, selling high. A monkey could understand the principle.

That doesn't make now the time to buy.

I don't need to hang out with back slapping bear buddies like you lot. I would much rather the stimulation of opposing views to mine. That's why I stick with you lot. Oh, and so I can tell you all how it IS possible to get out of the rat race, you just have to have a plan and apply it.

Are you kidding? I would be crapping myself right now, knowing that I hold a pseudo-productive asset with incredibly high transfer costs. Not to mention the fact that loads will be dumped on the market at once when the sh*t hits the fan.

Of course I'm not kidding.

If I'd bought in the last year or two I might be worried but at 2001 prices, I'd be laughing even if prices do fall. They'd have too fall a helluva lot to get down to 2001 prices. They are just not going to fall that far.

At 2001 prices the rental income would easily be covering my mortgage etc, so IR rises wouldn't be the end of the world. And if I bought at 2000 prices, well then I'd even be even happier. I really don't think anyone who BTLed in 2001 is panicking now. Recent buyers - maybe. 2001 buyers - no.

Of course I'm not kidding.

If I'd bought in the last year or two I might be worried but at 2001 prices, I'd be laughing even if prices do fall. They'd have too fall a helluva lot to get down to 2001 prices. They are just not going to fall that far.

At 2001 prices the rental income would easily be covering my mortgage etc, so IR rises wouldn't be the end of the world. And if I bought at 2000 prices, well then I'd even be even happier. I really don't think anyone who Settled in 2001 is panicking now. Recent buyers - maybe. 2001 buyers - no.

Even those who buy now with a big enough deposit and a 10 year fixed repayment mortgage will still get a house payed for by their tenants.

Even those who buy now with a big enough deposit and a 10 year fixed repayment mortgage will still get a house payed for by their tenants.

True, but remember that it will only ever be a boring, pseudo productive asset.

And even if prices are double in 25 years time you still have the problems of voids, maintainence, management, spending the profits and finding things to fill your days when golf gets a little tedious.

My other half says that if the stock market crashes, people invest in property. I don't agree so we have just pulled out of buying somewhere.

:D Yeah, this is the new paradigm that we are in. Stock market crashing? Interest rates on the rise? Move to property as an investment?

Nah!

Quote:

S/He realised the game is up and trying to hide is fear

My mum's nick-name is Jabba, so he's probably a she, it's a bit hard to tell, but I think TTRTR could be a relative, possibly a close one....how queer!

I don't need to hang out with back slapping bear buddies like you lot. I would much rather the stimulation of opposing views to mine. That's why I stick with you lot. Oh, and so I can tell you all how it IS possible to get out of the rat race, you just have to have a plan and apply it.

I'll drink to that.

uh-huh. whatever. was it good for you too.

and when did you become a moderator, to tell the rest of us what is and isnt relevant to this forum?

Someone made me a moderator. Brilliant!

And who are you to tell me what I can or can't say about what is or isn't relevant on this forum.

My primary point is that TTRTR (or any other BTL) banging on about his returns on properties he bought some time ago is irrelevant. No one disputes returns will be better on a house you bought for £60K then rather than £180 now.

The primary objective of this forum, I thought, is to furnish people with advise who would otherwise be thinking of buying now.

Really.

Why then is every post about gold, palladium, silver, unemployment, radio 4 etc etc.

The advice furnished on here is biased.

The clues in the name: www.housepricecrash.co.uk.

You want alternative advice try RICS, Foxtons, The Halifax, Nationwide, The main stream media.

I think you will find its not lacking.

Edited by geneer

And who are you to tell me what I can or can't say about what is or isn't relevant on this forum.

And who are you to tell ME that I can't tell you what you can or can't say is relevant on this forum? Tit.

My primary point is that TTRTR (or any other BTL) banging on about his returns on properties he bought some time ago is irrelevant.

Then you should have made it better then, shouldnt you? Apart from the great kiwi parasite himself, no one on this forum thinks he is relevant (except of course his skirt-chasing alternative personalities who pop up every now and then to 'defend' him.

The primary objective of this forum, I thought, is to furnish people with advise who would otherwise be thinking of buying now.

wrong.

totally.

And who are you to tell ME that I can't tell you what you can or can't say is relevant on this forum? Tit.

Then you should have made it better then, shouldnt you? Apart from the great kiwi parasite himself, no one on this forum thinks he is relevant (except of course his skirt-chasing alternative personalities who pop up every now and then to 'defend' him.

wrong.

totally.

And who are you to tell me that I can't tell you that you can't tell me what you can are can't say is relevant on this forum. [email protected]

You seem to be agreeing with me and taking exception at the same time.

Bi-polar maybe?

Does TTRTR realise that the property and mortgage backed market is simply part of the much larger financial markets? Wishing doom upon one will rebound quite sharply, especially if the markets are spooked by inflation and future rate rises... there is a flight to quality towards gilts and treasures, who will want to buy subprime MBS?

BuyingBear is currently in sunny Brighton taking a break B)

God, the advert posts really are fricking awful, Fubra really are taking the pi$$ now!