House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Yeah, it's flirting with that 5,500 mark, was just on 5,503.30. :ph34r:

You have got to wonder if this is a convenient stop-loss point & where it might go from there.

There is no safe haven and it feels as though the market is almost at capitulation point says CNBC. Funny, 'cause property feels like a safe haven of sorts to me......

Funny old world. When the Footsie broke 5500 on the way UP (whenever that was - not too long ago) everything in the garden was rosy. Now it is back where it was (quite recently?) you would think the end of the world was in sight.

It just typical market over-reaction - caused by computer systems and day-traders.

Funny, 'cause property feels like a safe haven of sorts to me......

:lol:

Does this guy never tire of trolling?!! I suppose if I felt really bad about myself I might find a forum where people are in some way worse off than myself, and go trolling.... maybe I'd feel better about myself then - it clearly works for TTRTR...

Looks like it might end the day under 5500..

Guest Charlie The Tramp

DRKW say this is the start of a LONG-TERM bear market.

Something the SM Investors will be unable to Bear if the Footsie drops below 5,000. ;)

We are now on a downward slope in all economic matters all IMHO of course.

Are you listening DrBubb?

Didnt DrBubb say he was expecting a long term bear market, although calling when it will start has been more of a problem?

Are you listening DrBubb?

Bubb is probably holding majority cash!

Stop baiting!

:lol:

Does this guy never tire of trolling?!! I suppose if I felt really bad about myself I might find a forum where people are in some way worse off than myself, and go trolling.... maybe I'd feel better about myself then - it clearly works for TTRTR...

Looks like it might end the day under 5500..

I am doing you a favour here. This place is full of bad news bears, I'm the good news guy.

I am doing you a favour here. This place is full of bad news bears, I'm the good news guy.

Yes, he is. Just like those predicting $1000 gold were good news guys too.

TTRTR - when was the last time you bought a property?

Billy Shears

Losing a couple of months pay is never good news :lol:

Guest Charlie The Tramp

We'll have to see, luckily there's always IR's to save us...... :D

Inflation and downturns are a very bitter tasting drink. ;)

Given the state of the world economy I'm fully expecting this to be the start of a long term bear market. FTSE around 2000ish doesn't seem far fetched given how fcked up things are. Look at how much Nikkei dropped in the 90's.

We're in for recession and possibly depression. And there's no way property is going to be immune.

TTRTR that is wonderful news.

I have a bet on the FTSE (short) so this is excellent news.

Thats whats nice about the stock market, you can make money on the way down and on the way up...

now remind me how you make money on owning a property that is falling value :P:P:P:lol::lol::lol:

I always get upset if the FTSE is above 4500 and I’m the guy that called the bottom when the FTSE hit 3300 a few years ago, my time on that occasion was perfect.

Money could go from stock into houses, well this if they stayed at the same price as they were in 2001 and china had not pulled the plug on cheap money for the world.

This time Mr Brown will be covered in the brown stuff and TTRTR will not only see his property portfolio go down but his other investments go bang at the same time and I think it a shame when he’s been helping us poor old tenants afford such a cheap roof over our poor lovely heads and has given us such fun here on HPC.

Given the state of the world economy I'm fully expecting this to be the start of a long term bear market. FTSE around 2000ish doesn't seem far fetched given how fcked up things are. Look at how much Nikkei dropped in the 90's.

We're in for recession and possibly depression. And there's no way property is going to be immune.

are you expecting inflation or deflation?

are you expecting inflation or deflation?

Deflation, possibly preceded by inflation. It's impossible to say really. Currently I'm in cash mainly, hedged with a bit of gold for the inflation risk. I have nothing left on the FTSE.