House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

City Index - Triple Witching To Explode In Investors Faces This Friday.

Go on explain that for the stoopid people on here

An event that occurs when the contracts for stock index futures, stock index options and stock options all expire on the same day. Triple witching days happen four times a year: the third Friday of March, June, September and December. This phenomenon is sometimes referred to as "Freaky Friday".

The final trading hour for that Friday is the hour known as triple witching. The markets are quite volatile in this final hour, as traders are quickly offsetting their option/futures orders before the closing bell. If you are a long-term investor, triple witching will have a minimal impact on you.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/triplewitchinghour.asp

An event that occurs when the contracts for stock index futures, stock index options and stock options all expire on the same day. Triple witching days happen four times a year: the third Friday of March, June, September and December. This phenomenon is sometimes referred to as "Freaky Friday".

The final trading hour for that Friday is the hour known as triple witching. The markets are quite volatile in this final hour, as traders are quickly offsetting their option/futures orders before the closing bell. If you are a long-term investor, triple witching will have a minimal impact on you.

Hey - TTRTR's got Google!! Can you post some more stuff you found on the internet please. Ta.

I thank you kindly for making up for my laziness sir :)

Is that meant to be smart?

A decent poster IMO wouldn't post something & treat it as if they were the source.

Are you my dad?

Maybe if you knew what you were talking about (rather than puffing out your chest) you would have written it in your own hand.

Edited by stillill

Well I think he is to be congatulated. He has finally posted something on the site I didn't know and am glad I learnt. Instead of all that dribble about my portfolios bigger than yours.

Well I think he is to be congatulated. He has finally posted something on the site I didn't know and am glad I learnt. Instead of all that dribble about my portfolios bigger than yours.

Someone tell TTRTR that if he shaves the jungle it makes it look bigger.

He might then be confident enough to leave us alone.

Guest Bart of Darkness

I was hoping that Triple witching had something to do with the three young ladies from Charmed.

Possibly in some sort of illicit "Titmuss" style video that TTRTR had found on the Net.

Edited by Bart of Darkness

Expiry day should be boring I reakon, markets have traveled so far so fast that it is likely that it will turn out to be a damp sqib IMHO the expiration levels will not be as hotly contested as in a rangebound market.