House Price Crash Forum
Time to raise the rents.

Palladium Down 7% In 1 Hour.

That's 26% off it's May high of $388

SocGen - Bear on ALL COMMODOTIES!!!

Are you listening DrBubb?

You sound like a man whose investments haven't crashed whilst all around you there is carnage for the men who told you were wrong for investing in boring old property.

....... ahh but I think they'll be back telling you how they all got out just in time and have now invested in some kind of 'extreme hedge fund' that will make a killing if palladium prices drop to $200.

You sound like a man whose investments haven't crashed whilst all around you there is carnage for the men who told you were wrong for investing in boring old property.

....... ahh but I think they'll be back telling you how they all got out just in time and have now invested in some kind of 'extreme hedge fund' that will make a killing if palladium prices drop to $200.

I was thinking of starting a thread mentioning that everything the bears said has happened, they just got their asset class wrong!!!!

:lol::lol:

No worries, they've all been short, called it at the top & will buy themselves a 5-bed house in a month or two.......

Revel in your illiquidity as long as you wish TTRTR. I'm just glad I'm not in your position.

Absolutely, atleast they can cut and run at the loss of 7%, But you TTRTR in for the bumpy ride (as mervin king expects). makes me smile

Whatever the hell they use palladium for.

Palladium is used in gold, silver and copper alloys in dentistry. Alloys are also used for bearings, strings, and balance wheels in watches. Palladium is used as a catalyst in the manufacture of sulfuric acid. In powder form it is used as a catalyst in hydrogeneration. The sponge form is used for separation of hydrogen from a mixture of gases. Silver alloys are used for electrical contacts. The automotive industry has used palladium in catalytic converters since 1974. In jewelry, palladium hardened with 4-5% ruthenium provides a light, white, strong, tarnish-free alloy for watch cases, brooches, and settings for gems. For alloy bearings, springs, balance wheels of watches; for mirrors in astronomical instruments; as catalyzer in manufacture of sulfuric acid and in other oxidizing processes. Alloys for electrical relays and switching systems in telecommunication equipment, catalyst for reforming cracked petroleum fractions and hydrogenation, metallizing ceramics, "white gold" in jewelry, aircraft spark plugs, protective coatings. Palladium is used extensively in industry in alloys, as a catalyst in hydrogen purification, and in dental inlays with platinum and gold. A colloidal form of palladium has been used therapeutically for tuberculosis, gout, and obesity. When palladium is alloyed with 40% silver it becomes much tougher and wear-resistant and is used in electrical contact materials. Palladium-bearing thick-film pastes are used in miniature solid-state devices and integrated circuits. Palladium is widely used in dentistry, often alloyed with gold, and in jewelry, alloyed with platinum. Palladium dispersed on carbon or alumina has outstanding catalytic properties. Platinum-palladium catalysts are used to control emissions from automobile exhausts. Palladium-silver diffusion membranes are used in the purification of hydrogen.

Revel in your illiquidity as long as you wish TTRTR. I'm just glad I'm not in your position.

Absolutely, atleast they can cut and run at the loss of 7%, But you TTRTR in for the bumpy ride (as mervin king expects). makes me smile

Being suckers in a bubble, they'd NEED to liquidate wouldn't they.....

yep, liquidation of positions would have been good at the end of last week - the difference between commodities markets etc. and the housing market is that i can liquidate £2m position in 10 seconds - try doing that with a house or 2

i also agree, shorting was a good idea a few days ago

yep, liquidation of positions would have been good at the end of last week - the difference between commodities markets etc. and the housing market is that i can liquidate £2m position in 10 seconds - try doing that with a house or 2

i also agree, shorting was a good idea a few days ago

I'd love to know your plan for aquiring 2m of positions. Saving a bit up are we?

I'd love to know your plan for aquiring 2m of positions. Saving a bit up are we?

easiest way to do it is by placing a £100/tick spreadbet on cable - equivalent to having £1.845m in cash at the current exchange rate - I can do that on credit very easily thank you - and as I said, I can open or close a position in seconds - i can guarantee my maximum loss on any trade - and profits are tax free

will that do?

Edited by the end is nigh

forgot to say, didnt someone suggest that the natural gas price would fall 20% this week? well it was up 8% today - either way, if you use a stop then your osition gets closed straight away - you dont need to wait for a buyer and then hope that they won't change their mind over a period of weeks / months

property is such an unsophisticated asset class to trade - maybe that's why we should just treat it as somewhere to live

easiest way to do it is by placing a £100/tick spreadbet on cable - equivalent to having £1.845m in cash at the current exchange rate - I can do that on credit very easily thank you - and as I said, I can open or close a position in seconds - i can guarantee my maximum loss on any trade - and profits are tax free

will that do?

Not to mention those of us who made a few pennies being SHORT on metals

Cant' short an overpriced sh!tpile though eh?

:lol:

Most of themoney being drawn out of the markets is going home (back to asia) with profits been banked, not in to property which is so yesterday as they say

still waiting for a reply from TTRTR - in particular about how easy it is for me to trade a £2m position on the currency market when compared to how easy it isn't to trade a £2m position in the housing market

Edited by the end is nigh