House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Time to raise the rents.

Property Rises 18% In 33 Days!

That yellow chunky stuff that was so proudly compared to property such a short time ago when it was at the height of its bubble (which I called mind you) and supporters were saying its growth in value signifies properties loss, is sub $600 ($597) now which is 18% off its $735 bubble peak.

Property just goes from strength to strength! I wonder what the YOY performance will be?

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

I thought you were talking about subsidence, and one side of a house was up 18% while the other side was down 18%....

I sold out of physical Gold at above the peak price (thanks to ebayers enjoying paying over the odds), and have temporarily moved my money into other investments which also seem to be doing nicely.

All the while house prices in my area are flat/falling. I win again - yay! :lol::lol::P:P

Guest wrongmove

They only bling when they're winning,

Only bling when they're winning......

:P

I heard house price inflation in Zimbabwe was running rampant, about 4000% every week

People are very wealthy there, it now costs 900,000,000,000,000 zimbabwen Dollars to buy a starter house. Everyone is a millionaire in that country...........

:rolleyes:

You are not wrong. I read that their IR has been pegged at 65% (a few weeks ago - it might have changed since then).

If HPI is 1000% (which is also what I read) and IR's are artificially low at 65%, you would be an idiot not to dive in!

Guest Alright Jack

I'm going to make a prediction now.

Suppose, in a couple of years time, we were to give every member a score based on accuracy and consitancy. I think TTRTR would score highest.

I present you an enormous irony given the name and purpose of this site.

Thankyou.

Does that mean that anyone who stayed in gold is now in a form of negative equity?

Jeez, it took about 5 years for the average UK house to fall about 19% nominally during the last crash. Gold has (nearly) managed it in a few weeks.

I'm going to make a prediction now.

Suppose, in a couple of years time, we were to give every member a score based on accuracy and consitancy. I think TTRTR would score highest.

I present you an enormous irony given the name and purpose of this site.

Thankyou.

I think he has a secret 'time machine' at home.

You can buy them from Exchange and Mart if you search the small ads...

Guest The_Oldie

Does that mean that anyone who stayed in gold is now in a form of negative equity?

Jeez, it took about 5 years for the average UK house to fall about 19% nominally during the last crash. Gold has (nearly) managed it in a few weeks.

I think he has a secret 'time machine' at home.

At least it doesn't take six months to complete a sale <_<.

Guest Alright Jack

What a wonderful Property selling opportunity.

Take advantge of it, show us the result, and then you will have bragging rights. Else you simply sound like a gadfly trying to wind people up.

I am buying gold here near $600, not just talking about it

i just posted on another thread that this is a fantastic buying opportunity but for i'm now skint. i spent up at $620.

What a wonderful Property selling opportunity.

Take advantge of it, show us the result, and then you will have bragging rights. Else you simply sound like a gadfly trying to wind people up.

I am buying gold here near $600, not just talking about it

Excellent, that can be preserved for all of time & we'll see how it goes. Good luck obviously, but time will tell.

I'll buy back into gold at $540-$560, IF I see indicators pointing to a nice upwards move.

If it moves up sharply before $560 then I'm happy to jump in having missed the start of the next upturn.

Did I say 20%? I meant 21%.

Given the amount of stick TTRTR has taken from the stockmarket traders I think it's good to see him have the chance to gloat back. :lol:

I guess the moral of the thread is that all asset prices are relative, gold being the more liquid and volatile (in some risk models volatility=Risk ) asset which has been priced down in recent weeks due to a change expectations about the future purchasing power of money (which it is priced in ). in this case the illiquid and sticky prices in the property market are reflecting simply that prices are illiquid and sticky, I would suspect the relationship reverts to mean over the long term.

I'm bearish on everything priced in money as I expect the value of money to increase as we enter into a credit cruch phase of the global economic cycle (as evidenced by rising global rates). Of course I could be wrong just my 2 cents.

I guess the moral of the thread is that all asset prices are relative, gold being the more liquid and volatile (in some risk models volatility=Risk ) asset which has been priced down in recent weeks due to a change expectations about the future purchasing power of money (which it is priced in ). in this case the illiquid and sticky prices in the property market are reflecting simply that prices are illiquid and sticky, I would suspect the relationship reverts to mean over the long term.

I'm bearish on everything priced in money as I expect the value of money to increase as we enter into a credit cruch phase of the global economic cycle (as evidenced by rising global rates). Of course I could be wrong just my 2 cents.

The moral of the thread is to have a go at the people who claimed that gold is the judge of all else. Their view was that if gold was rising in value, then ultimately other things (particularly housing) were actually crashing.

That is why this thread is flipped to show that the housing market is booming by their standard. But I suspect their standard no longer applies since the cards have been re-dealt.

Not at all. You are quite right. I do think this is a great, short window of opportunity to sell your houses and buy gold.

Or, it's a great window of opportunity to work out the capital gains tax due on any gold gains made after bailing out of gold... ....assuming one did bail out in time....