House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Soup Dragon

Montenegro

Hi, I'm new to this site and am starting to consider Montenegro as an investment. I plan to visit there in the coming weeks and would welcome views from anyone that has already invested there or done some homework on the place.

The area I was thinking of from what I've read is the Lustica peninsula.

Hi, I'm new to this site and am starting to consider Montenegro as an investment. I plan to visit there in the coming weeks and would welcome views from anyone that has already invested there or done some homework on the place.

The area I was thinking of from what I've read is the Lustica peninsula.

I looked into Montenegro in 2003 but decided against as prices had already trippled since 1997. I was looking just inside the Northern border with Croatia. Also at that time the flights were too convoluted.

The holiday season is a bit short for my tastes.

I think it will get entry into the EU within 5 years.

I dont know the area you talk of but I will say that went I viewed in 2003 the price rises were largely driven by Italians who had been investing for some time.

The Montenegrans I dealt with seemed a nice honest bunch.

If youre interested in pure investment I think the amount of fanfare being generated by Morocco make it the best target. 12 month season, huge interntional developers involved and 3 hour flights to the med coast (once direct flights beginn which Ryanair have confirmed), UK and Spannish real estate agents making the easy switch from Spannish to Moroccan property given Morocco is just a hop accross the water, means the marketing machinery is already inplace to ensure its sucess whereas places such as Motenegro dont have this reay made marketing infrastructure.

I was surprised how diverse and pretty the place is, even having ski resorts next to the sahara! You can put 40% down now with the rest in 3 years which is handy.

word of caution, a friend of mine was looking for a property in morocco and was propositioned to enter drug scam trafficing! also morrocco is still muslim country, however they gloss and westernise the glossy brochures,turkey, egypt have been targeted in the past. sorry to sound doom and gloom, but take care.