House Price Crash Forum
sam

You Are All Right About Our Sick Housing Policy In The Uk

I really do not want to p**s on most of this boards parade, but is there any chance of an alternative discussion for people who would welcome a property crash, but just do not see it happening like most would wish for on here.

Before we begin i would like to state that i am at the moment in great spirits, the world cup is on, summer is here, and the BBQ that i attended on saturday with it's usual herd of "YOU JUST HAVE TO BUY NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE" did not get to me at all, i am free of the bitter that plagues this site.

Yes people have borrowed copious amounts of dosh in recent years, and yes property is just not worth what people are now paying(50% too much IMO), but that in itself will not guarantee a property crash.

Like i have already read on a post this morning by one of the more articulate Bears is that we just do not have the Land, we are fighting over the scraps.

Prices are still rising, ok in some places they might be falling a little, but in general they are rising, Interest rates will be going up, but not by much. AS was proved at the BBQ on saturday, most people are still property obsessed, and unemployment is not that bad :)

Yes there are little snippets of bad news here and there, but as has been proved over the last three years since this site came into being, they are just yesterdays problems now, NOTHING HAPPENED LIKE WE SAID IT WOULD. PMT fool have been predicting a crash for 5 years now, they have all but given up, it is just not happening. There are serious problems with our housing, but this mess could take years before people catch on. I would ask people on this board not to just sit here wanting a transfer of problems from one group of people to another, there has to be an alternative.

Now a few of you can start attacking me :) , but that will not change the fact that you will not be getting your Crash. You are all spot on about how unfair and morally corrupt out system is, how people who work hard deserve better, but whinning on here will not change a single thing.

You will all be on this board in another 3 years time, the VI's will still be up to the s**t that you do not like, but why should they care, ytou are all keeping out of trouble on you silly little HPC site :lol:

Exactly RSD, but this government will do anything to keep rates low.

And the Tories would 'do anything' to stay in the ERM. Worked well for them, didn't it?

If the government won't raise rates then the market will raise them for it. We're already seeing fixed-rate mortgages climbing while the BoE rates stay static.

Edited by MarkG

Exactly RSD, but this government will do anything to keep rates low.

That's right. Did anyone see the front page of the Daily Depress, sorry I meant Express on Saturday.

Apparently we've never had it so cheap, and food is falling in price all the time. :rolleyes:

Purlease Mr King, don't raise the rates, inflation's perfectly under control.

Guest Guy_Montag

You are all spot on about how unfair and morally corrupt out system is, how people who work hard deserve better, but whinning on here will not change a single thing.

See my thread that I started on friday; 40 odd posts in the first hour, before it was moved into the graveyard that is Off Topic.

It seems that the mods want us to keep whinging on here, but not get our act together & make our points known to the wider community.

You will all be on this board in another 3 years time, the VI's will still be up to the s**t that you do not like, but why should they care, ytou are all keeping out of trouble on you silly little HPC site :lol:

Yep but I will be debt free and mobile in what is potentially a high interest rate/job loss economy

I know I'm a whinger, which why I come here to whinge with you instead of boring my friends and family to death about this subject people generally don't want to hear anything but house prices going up - twits !

I really do not want to p**s on most of this boards parade, but is there any chance of an alternative discussion for people who would welcome a property crash, but just do not see it happening like most would wish for on here.

Before we begin i would like to state that i am at the moment in great spirits, the world cup is on, summer is here, and the BBQ that i attended on saturday with it's usual herd of "YOU JUST HAVE TO BUY NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE" did not get to me at all, i am free of the bitter that plagues this site.

Yes people have borrowed copious amounts of dosh in recent years, and yes property is just not worth what people are now paying(50% too much IMO), but that in itself will not guarantee a property crash.

Like i have already read on a post this morning by one of the more articulate Bears is that we just do not have the Land, we are fighting over the scraps.

Prices are still rising, ok in some places they might be falling a little, but in general they are rising, Interest rates will be going up, but not by much. AS was proved at the BBQ on saturday, most people are still property obsessed, and unemployment is not that bad :)

Yes there are little snippets of bad news here and there, but as has been proved over the last three years since this site came into being, they are just yesterdays problems now, NOTHING HAPPENED LIKE WE SAID IT WOULD. PMT fool have been predicting a crash for 5 years now, they have all but given up, it is just not happening. There are serious problems with our housing, but this mess could take years before people catch on. I would ask people on this board not to just sit here wanting a transfer of problems from one group of people to another, there has to be an alternative.

Now a few of you can start attacking me :) , but that will not change the fact that you will not be getting your Crash. You are all spot on about how unfair and morally corrupt out system is, how people who work hard deserve better, but whinning on here will not change a single thing.

Personally I see large drops around me, stagnation that has caused people to abandon plans at both retirement and job level..

We see what may be an oversupply of property, if not that, well it is more houses per head of capita then ever before..

Oh yes.. and we are living longer.. but look at this chart..

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=6

Does that look like a growing population...? with the birth rate to it's lowest ever.. the population plummits when the boomers start to shuffle of in about 20 years..

Morbid but true.. :(

Sam, look at some other thing and the way they affect each other - speciafically in relation to the debt driven spending boom - most of which has gone on to raising costs in this country and elsewhere and I think you'll find it is all going as expected - just further and with worse long term consequences.

Debt

Offshoring

Bankruptcy

Trade deficit

Fiddled stats - CPI in particular

Manufacturing

Pensions

Savings

Commodites

IR hikes...IR hikes...IR hikes...IR hikes...IR hikes...

everything you say depends on the one thing you fail to mention.

Yes he did. He said they would go up, but not by much, which is probably correct, IMO.

And if they did go up a lot it would be accompanied by high inflation, which is benign for FTBs

Guest Bart of Darkness
I really do not want to p**s on most of this boards parade

Course ya don't sunshine!

The only thing that's kept HPI going is MEW and that debt is, at some point, going to bite

Nobody knows what's going to happen - but making a 25 year financial decision from a BBQ 'chat' from people who, most likely, get their information from VI/media is not a good idea

The IP address used to make the first post of this thread is used by two members........

boom and bust & sam.

Hold on - I smell a VI BULL!!!!

Similar tone but slightly less insulting as the *cough* farewell boom_and_bust post - nice try though....

:lol:

Edited by dnd

"You Are All Right About Our Sick Housing Policy In The Uk, But you are still just a bunch of whingers"

Hmm...I think whingers is a bit rich from someone who regularly clogs this board up with emotionally incontinent, drunken rantings. If you don't like it here Sam can I suggest you stop posting and do something more constructive with your time? Like learn to spell perhaps.

Oooo, watch out he might call you a KIPPER :lol:

Which VI you working for Sam? or do you have a property portfolio you want us to prop up for you?

:lol:

Feel better now? Then off you go and buy a property.

Personally I see large drops around me, stagnation that has caused people to abandon plans at both retirement and job level..

We see what may be an oversupply of property, if not that, well it is more houses per head of capita then ever before..

Oh yes.. and we are living longer.. but look at this chart..

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=6

Does that look like a growing population...? with the birth rate to it's lowest ever.. the population plummits when the boomers start to shuffle of in about 20 years..

Morbid but true.. :(

Immigration is easily displacing the crushed generation below. It doesn't matter if the natives don't pop em out.

We have as much land per head of population as Germany.

If someone had told in 1990 that interest rate cycle would take us below 5% you would have said they were mad. Now you are implying that people would be mad if they said that interest rates could go back to 8%.

I think you are another new home owner trying to rationalise a foolish decision.

Sam Sam Sam....

Why spend so much time writing this aimless tripe when you could be getting on with life. You seem to be constantly ranting and angry on here!

Tune in, chill out and be HAPPY :P This place seems to make you really unhappy.

Edited by ETOPS773

Just having a quick look at HPC before i shoot off to work, the replies are just what i expected, some mature and thought out, others the usual troll troll blah blah blah replies, the same type of replies i would have expected from my post last year, and the year before that,"oh yeah", and the year before that.

The property slump that comes(and it will come EVENTUALLY), will not be in the time frame many of you want it in, and it will probably not be in the form you want it.

Call me what you want, but the fact is i dream of prices dropping 40/50%, the facts are though this is NOTHING like the last crash. Every scenario that is dreamt up on this board that does not come to pass(100's of times now), all you lot keep doing is conveniently forgetting what you said the previous month.

Just look at the chart on front of you web site, how mant posts were there three years ago that said "DO YOU THINK THIS CYCLE IS HONESTLY GOING TO PLATEAU", In a tone that it could never happen, yet it there is now a plateau :lol:

House are selling, i am over loaded with work, something is different, i cannot understand it.

House prices are way to high(there again), but it seems like the markets have evry intention of keeping us just short of going under for a long while yet(maybe, i do not know)

Face up to it you lot, i know for a fact that many of you lot are reading this knowing that i am right, it really should of happened by now, BUT IT HAS NOT.

I will concede one thing for those that suggest i am slightly trolling, you are partly right, but it is just to inject some alternative thinking to this site. Every commonsence fibre and bone in my body tells me that this economy is a huge brainwashing national con, the likes we have never seen before, but just because it is wrong does not make a right inevitable, it could continue far longer than any of you imagined.

How does the saying go "the only thing that guarantees the success of evil is when good people do nothing"

Sam Sam Sam....

Why spend so much time writing this aimless tripe when you could be getting on with life. You seem to be constantly ranting and angry on here!

Tune in, chill out and be HAPPY :P This place seems to make you really unhappy.

Pointless little man with aa pointless little post, i am fine Pal, are you!!!!

I am not the one wishing for something to happen every morning that will probably not happen, what YOU are doing seems like torture to me.

That's ALL we wanted to know - enough said....

Yet he's not so overloaded with work that he hasn't got time to spend posting his hysterical (and not to mention lengthy) diatribes on here.

Guest STR2004

Hmm...I think whingers is a bit rich from someone who regularly clogs this board up with emotionally incontinent, drunken rantings. If you don't like it here Sam can I suggest you stop posting and do something more constructive with your time? Like learn to spell perhaps.

Bravo!! My thoughts exactly. Perhaps Sam should remember this adage...

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

Edited by STR2004

House are selling, i am over loaded with work

Do your EA employers know you are posting to this group? Perhaps that's why they kept you, when they sacked all your colleagues to cut their costs?

B)