House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CheapAsChips/Houses

Wimbledon & Kingston

A friend of mine put his house on the market 5 months ago - a three bedroom end of terrace in South Wimbledon / Merton (the not so nice area of Wimbledon) and got an offer (from a FTB) within a week at the full asking price. He was prepared to let it go at 25k less than the asking.

He has been looking in the Kingston area, and apparantly houses are being snapped up days after coming on to the market.

He has just had his offer accepted - at the full asking price, and is fortunate that his FTB has been patient in waiting for him to find something else.

Market seems pretty healthy :(

I'm wondering what sort of FTB can afford a 3BR in Wimbledon personally.....I'd be luck to afford a 1BR flat, and that's on a reasonably healthy salary.